Best games for the DS

Toon_Link

WiiChat Member
Mar 1, 2009
I just got a DSi yesterday and I'm trying to find out what are the best games that are out for the DS. I know there's a whole bunch of good games that have been released for years now for the DS but I don't know what games they are.

So I want to ask the following: What are the best games for the DS?

Please be specific on why you like the specific game(s).

I just got my first DS a few weeks ago. Here's the ones that I have and like:

Warioware Touched - My ALL TIME FAVORITE game on Wii was Wario Smooth Moves. I love short, quick, simple mini games. It's perfect.

Along the same lines.. Rhythm Heaven - Simple games, but they are fun, challenging enough to not be boring.

Mario Kart - Great racing game, especially if you have always been a fan of the Mario Kart games. I was surprised to see some different tracks from the Wii version. Lots of fun.. online play, great game.

Guitar Rock Tour - Not for everyone, reviews are mixed.. but if you like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and want something like that for traveling to do until you can play the "big version", then it's ok. You can pick this game up for $7-$14. Some decent song titles.. not performed by the original artist. You can choose to play the guitar or drums.

Animal Crossing - If you have the Wii version.. this one may seem to come up a little short, but still has most of the aspects of Animal Crossing. Again, if you are a fan of the other versions, you may like this. If I hadn't played the Wii version prior to this one, I would like it a lot more.

New Super Mario Bros - Fun game.. just like any other mario game. Kinda reminds me of Mario Bros 3 on NES.

I just got my first DS a few weeks ago. Here's the ones that I have and like:

Warioware Touched - My ALL TIME FAVORITE game on Wii was Wario Smooth Moves. I love short, quick, simple mini games. It's perfect.

Along the same lines.. Rhythm Heaven - Simple games, but they are fun, challenging enough to not be boring.

Mario Kart - Great racing game, especially if you have always been a fan of the Mario Kart games. I was surprised to see some different tracks from the Wii version. Lots of fun.. online play, great game.

Guitar Rock Tour - Not for everyone, reviews are mixed.. but if you like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and want something like that for traveling to do until you can play the "big version", then it's ok. You can pick this game up for $7-$14. Some decent song titles.. not performed by the original artist. You can choose to play the guitar or drums.

Animal Crossing - If you have the Wii version.. this one may seem to come up a little short, but still has most of the aspects of Animal Crossing. Again, if you are a fan of the other versions, you may like this. If I hadn't played the Wii version prior to this one, I would like it a lot more.

New Super Mario Bros - Fun game.. just like any other mario game. Kinda reminds me of Mario Bros 3 on NES.

he has the DSi, meaning no GBA slot for the attachment.

New Super Mario Bros. - its a modern game that captures the retro feel perfectly. if you like the old platforming Mario from the NES and SNES then you'll love this.

Pokemon (Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum) - the newest in the "gotta catch 'em all" games. its got a great variety in choice for strategy and all three have hours of things to do, even after you beat the game. Platinum is best but Diamond & Pearl hold up nicely and are cheaper.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass - a sequel to Wind Waker and a great Zelda game. controls take some getting used to but its a great game either way. just a lousy multiplayer.

Guitar Rock Tour is a DS game.. not a GBA game, and there are no attachments.

guitar_rock_tour_box_art1.jpg

it doesn't need that button attachment that comes with the DS Guitar Hero games? cause thats what i'm talking about. the button attachment plugs into the GBA slot on a DS or DS lite

it doesn't need that button attachment that comes with the DS Guitar Hero games? cause thats what i'm talking about. the button attachment plugs into the GBA slot on a DS or DS lite

Nope.. no attachments. You simply play with the pen, tapping the notes.. or with the drums.. you can use stylus and buttons.

it's actually pretty cool

Nope.. no attachments. You simply play with the pen, tapping the notes.. or with the drums.. you can use stylus and buttons.

it's actually pretty cool

A shovelware Guitar Hero? Even though this in compatable with the DSi, I don't know if I could play such a generic looking game.

Back