Best looking games on the Wii (updated)

oh come on give the guy some credit. maybe he did hundreds of posts in a row and maybe some games don't belong here, and he has a bad grammar and all that but who cares? me and my friends collected some money for a new wii game and we decided to buy a game which has above ordinary graphics on the wii (something like shadow of the colossus on the ps2). and when searching on google we stumbled upon stickmode's top list. and i have to say that i own most of the games he presented (of course i'm not talking about the ones which aren't out yet) and some screenshots are from the core gameplay, not cinematics, i assure you.

the game we bought was tomb raider underworld, and it exceeded our expectations (well, initially we wanted to buy monster hunter 3 but it was nowhere to be found). we heard a lot of bad things people say about TR-UW, that the puzzles are easy, yet frustrating and the controls are bad. but if you get the hang of it you can overcome these. also part of the thanks go to stickmode for this top list, because i was really reluctant into buying this game at first. when you buy a game you gotta look into more than one sources, to be certain that's the game you want (money doesn't grow on trees you know)

yes maybe some of the games aren't out yet, but you gotta admit if the new super mario doesn't have the promised graphics by nintendo, the consumers would get boiling mad (the whole "don't judge a book by its cover" thing). so, in some way, he did a good thing into posting screenshots of TBA games in his list even if they're all over the internet. at least you know what's about to come. not to mention that the new resident evil is bound to have very good graphics given the fact that RE4 and RE Archives have kick @$$ graphics.

also the ones who complain are only a handful of people so let the guy have his way. it's not like the mother of all servers that hosts this forum is just gonna blow up if he makes one or two more posts than he initially should. i didn't even notice he multiple-posted until the guy with the penguin on his avatar said so (i can't remember his nickname). so it's not that troublesome to the eye that he made his list in more than one post.

above all if you write on the google search "best graphic games on wii" his list is among the first links provided by the searcher (i think the 3rd, though i'm not sure). it kinda makes you wonder if there are more people who aprove to this list than the ones who aren't (and if google made it a top 3 than it must mean that there ARE) :yesnod:

stickmode if you'll read this i want you to know that me and my friends thank you for taking the time and making this list, even if there are some people who disagree you. keep it up

p.s.: i almost forgot. for the record, i also own quantum of solace. it looks quite good for a wii game, unlike someone who said that the graphics are bad. especially the shadow details. i didn't expect them to be that good, and the fact that it has splitscreen multiplayer and online play makes it a pack of fun. remember the wii isn't a ps3 nor an x360 i don't know why people keep forgeting that

Nothing like a noob popping in to tell long-time members how to act on the Board.

Thanks Chromemax!!
Is people like you that push the boundaries to a better Wii experience with great games and complete support to the console. Instead these called gamers that don't offer any help or support and only complaint (most Wii/360 or Wii/ps3 owners) the console's weaknesses and trying to piss the Wii with STUPID AND RIDICULOUS EXCUSES.
The famous Wii haters that only want all the best games for their next-gen console and try to block any intent to port these games to the Wii. Saying the Wii can't handle this game, the Wii can't run the game, the Wii can't output the same graphics level, etc, etc, etc. (I talk to you Darkprinny and to you Rokoman and others). If not try to do your list of the best looking Wii games by yourself.
This post is to demostrate that the Wii can output graphics near the xbox360/ps3 quality with developer's effort. And every gamer to know that and never doub again about the Wii's graphics capabilities.
I will continue soon, with another 30 of the best looking games on the Wii ...

Last edited:
Take a deeper look at the Wii, 360 and PS3 spec sheets

Theres a difference.
The Wii will never be able to handle a lot of PS3/360 games?

Wii can output graphics near the xbox360/ps3 quality with developer's effort
There first gen games maybe
Recent ones no chance
Hell it struggled to handle Dead Rising

Id rather see games like Okami and Ico on the Wii over another damn port

Theres a difference.

Recent ones no chance

Really!!
If you know Capcom plans to adapt the MT framework (RE5&LostPlanet2) engine to the Wii, if the Wii isn't capable to do that, why Capcom plans to use the engine on the Wii?
I'm sure, soon we see news about RE5, LP2 and SF4 ported to the Wii and you can't differenciate these Wii's graphics to a high quality xbox360 game.

Really!!
If you know Capcom plans to adapt the MT framework (RE5&LostPlanet2) engine to the Wii, if the Wii isn't capable to do that, why Capcom plans to use the engine on the Wii?
I'm sure, soon we see news about RE5, LP2 and SF4 ported to the Wii and you can't differenciate these Wii's graphics to a high quality xbox360 game.

Would you stick a 00 model train on a 000 track?

Theres a difference.

Recent ones no chance

Really!!

Having the engine doesn't mean the quality will be the same. The engine will be modified and toned down to work on the Wii...

Nothing like a noob popping in to tell long-time members how to act on the Board.

first of all i wasn't talking to you so don't act like you're the center of this forum. and don't call me names (a noob he says, hah!) because i've only used decent words in my post so try to chill out and talk like a human being okay? i belive it might be hard for you but try to find the common sense to do so.

second i was just expressing my thanks to stickmode and if google brought me here it's only ethical to do so no matter how old the thread is. google sorts the links by relevance so if it made the thread a top 3 it means that IT IS relevant. no mod locked the thread and it isn't deleted either so i've got all the right as all of you have to post here.

and above all it doesn't matter how a "long-time member" you are on this board or any other board. this is about common sense i'm talking about, and being civilised isn't related to how long you've been a member on a certain board.

some of you complained that the thread must be locked/deleted, yet nobody did anything. aren't you wondering that maybe the mods DON'T WANT to delete the thread? (personally i find it useful). and as a consequence to the fact that the mods won't do anything you start being rude and calling names like a 10-year old. the thread isn't revived, if it exists it means everyone has a right to post in it and if you're not a mod or an admin you don't have the right to tell people what to do. if it bothers you walk away rather than starting a flamewar, something that goheat is very willing to do.

if you wanna say something, say it but say it in a decent manner

(sorry for the late reply. probably the last one anyway. stickmode i thank you once again for the top list. it really helped. as i expect, someone will probably insult me again or be rude so i'm not going to put up with this. it's probably the hormones in the teenage years i suppose. stickmode i admire your courage for standing up to them. keep it up)

first of all i wasn't talking to you so don't act like you're the center of this forum. and don't call me names (a noob he says, hah!) because i've only used decent words in my post so try to chill out and talk like a human being okay? i belive it might be hard for you but try to find the common sense to do so.

second i was just expressing my thanks to stickmode and if google brought me here it's only ethical to do so no matter how old the thread is. google sorts the links by relevance so if it made the thread a top 3 it means that IT IS relevant. no mod locked the thread and it isn't deleted either so i've got all the right as all of you have to post here.

and above all it doesn't matter how a "long-time member" you are on this board or any other board. this is about common sense i'm talking about, and being civilised isn't related to how long you've been a member on a certain board.

some of you complained that the thread must be locked/deleted, yet nobody did anything. aren't you wondering that maybe the mods DON'T WANT to delete the thread? (personally i find it useful). and as a consequence to the fact that the mods won't do anything you start being rude and calling names like a 10-year old. the thread isn't revived, if it exists it means everyone has a right to post in it and if you're not a mod or an admin you don't have the right to tell people what to do. if it bothers you walk away rather than starting a flamewar, something that goheat is very willing to do.

if you wanna say something, say it but say it in a decent manner

(sorry for the late reply. probably the last one anyway. stickmode i thank you once again for the top list. it really helped. as i expect, someone will probably insult me again or be rude so i'm not going to put up with this. it's probably the hormones in the teenage years i suppose. stickmode i admire your courage for standing up to them. keep it up)

Wow, it took you this long to respond? Now THAT's hilarious!

I rather take quality original content for Wii over any port.Because all those third party developers will never take the time to make a good Wii port. There is no good port of a PS3/xbox360 games to the Wii (Okami doesn't count it's a ps2 game).

I still don't understand why Capcom never use the RE4wii engine for a RE sequel or prequel instead of giving us those on-rail shooters. Can someone confirm me if Dead Rising Wii use this engine bcs in my opinion RE4 wii looks way better.

On another note a really like what Platinum Games did with Madworld and what Codemaster did with Overlord: Dark Legend.

I rather take quality original content for Wii over any port.Because all those third party developers will never take the time to make a good Wii port. There is no good port of a PS3/xbox360 games to the Wii (Okami doesn't count it's a ps2 game).

I think NHL 2K10 and NBA 2K10 are good ports of PS3/XBox 360 games. The gameplay and features are essentially identical, just the graphic resolution is lower (obviously).

46 NBA 2K10
This is the only and the best basketball game on the Wii.

nba-2k10-20090923042255386_640w.jpg

nba-2k10-20090923051412311_640w.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I will start with the remainig 60 Wii games.
I need your help:
What Wii games do you want to see in the lap from 46 to 100?
Post your list and I will try to include these games.
For the hollidays buyers, this list will help you in your purchase. Remember, buy only quality Wii games!!

47 Metroid: Other M
This game would be the best of the Metroid's series on the Wii, if its graphics are improved this tiltle going up a better position than Metroid Trilogy.

metroid-other-m-20090602111603423_640w.jpg

metroid-other-m-20090602111626736_640w.jpg

metroid-other-m-20090602111600392_640w.jpg

48 Cabela's Big game Hunter 2010
The lastest in the Cabela's series, still the 2008 version looks far better crisp, brighter and clear.

cabelas-big-game-hunter-2010-20091030112839938_640w.jpg

cabelas-big-game-hunter-2010-20091030112845391_640w.jpg

49 Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
I think this Cabela's game is the most near the Big Game Hunter 2008 version.

cabelas-dangerous-hunts-2009-20081021035054855_640w.jpg

cabelas-dangerous-hunts-2009-20081021035059386_640w.jpg

50 Cabela's Outdoor Adventures
Another great looking game in the series.

cabelas-outdoor-adventures-20091007112044029_640w.jpg

51 Cabela's Legendary Adventures
I think, this game would be better using the Wii's 480p resolution.

946364_20080917_790screen002.jpg

52 Deadly Creatures
This original game comes at 51th

deadly-creatures-20080214083735451_640w.jpg

53 Tenchu Shadow Assassins
The best ninja game on the Wii

tenchu-4-art-of-the-ninja-20081008064112645_640w.jpg

tenchu-4-art-of-the-ninja-20081008064102411_640w.jpg

screenshot_wii_james_camerons_avatar_the_game059.jpg

55 Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
This doesn't look good compared to Tom Raider, but has decent graphics.

indiana-jones-and-the-staff-of-kings-20090402043058057_640w.jpg

56 Sonic Unleashed
Well, this game is very fun but not so sharp.

SU_1.jpg

57 Real Heroes: Firefighter
One of the best looking action games.

real-heroes-firefighter-20090210105032579_640w.jpg

58 Final Fantasy CC The Cristal Bearers
The best looking Final Fantasy game on the Wii.

final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-crystal-bearers-20090417102417385_640w.jpg

59 No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle
Better than the first

no_more_heroes_nosologeeks.jpg

60 Tatsunoko VS Capcom
This is the best fighting game on the Wii, even better than SSBB

tatsunoko-vs-capcom-screens-20080922075217774_640w.jpg

61 F1 2009
Well, the second best racing game on the Wii

f1-2009-wii-006.jpg

62 Dirt 2
The third best racing game on the Wii

colin-mcrae-dirt-2-wii-large-27794.jpg

Last edited:
graphics does not mean quality. and i've already pointed out the flaws in your reasoning on the last page so i won't repeat them here. however i will repeat that this thread should be locked to stop your rule breaking with the double (and higher) posts

There are a lot of games missing from the top of this list.

Super Mario Galaxy - easily one of the best looking Wii games released.
Muramasa The Demon Blade - How can this not be in the top 3?? It is gorgeous.
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - A launch game and NGC port but it still looks good.
Rune Factory Frontier - A great RPG and beautiful looking with it.
Madworld - Black, white and red never looked so good.
Okami - A PS2 port but still looks amazing.
SSBB - How could you leave this out? It's one of the few Wii games that is noticeably graphically advanced from the NGC version.

Back