Best Music for any game?

I'm surprised that people that only like bands like Fallout Boy are able to appreciate music from series like FF or LoZ.

I guess I'll never know why...

yeah I know this isn't really "game music" but Tony Hawk 2's soundtrack kicks arse.
I mean..."Bring the Noise" by public enemy and anthrax? that's one of the best songs in a game ever.
also whichever soccer game (I think it was a Fifa) that had the soulchild remix of 19-2000 by Gorillaz as the opening theme.

En4Neo said:
I'm surprised that people that only like bands like Fallout Boy are able to appreciate music from series like FF or LoZ.

I guess I'll never know why...

WHOA hold on here.. im no fan of Fall out fags... all i said was that on OCREMIX its the most remixed title...

Just felt liek i had to get that out there.. i mean damn... fall out fags?! thats a hard hit

I can't BELIEVE no one has mentioned Secret of Mana!! No-one composes music like Squaresoft and Mana is by far their best. And certainly the finest RPG ever made as well. Oh how I wish RPG's were still Old School, all the 3D Zelda's have been weak compared to Link to the Past and Link's Awakening :(

Went slightly off course there!!

I don't remember the music from Secret of Mana, weird. I reckon' it's real good though. I'll find some tunes and see if it sparks a memory.

And to the Guy who said Guitar hero.... Those are like the worst rendition of Karaoke Night Rock Star Music ive ever heard..... i mean comon... Kurt Cobain's Heart shaped box... when he sung that song for the Uritro album no one understood the lyrics... but amazingly Guitar hero you can understand Everything...

Here's mine in order in o perticular order.
1. Zelda hyrule field song from origional and Oot
2. Origional Mario theme (duh):crazy:
3. Super Mario 64 water theme
4. Metroid Prime opening scene
5. Chrono Trigger fo sho!:ihih:

Hmmm... some songs just stick with you even after you play them... Nintendo does a great job of doing that, haha.

1. Dr. Mario - "Fever" and "Chill"
2. Zelda II: Adventure of Link - Hyrule Temple song
3. The Legend of Zelda overworld song
4. All songs from Super Mario Bros. and...
5. A few of the songs from Super Mario Bros. 3, such as the World 1 map song and a few of the level songs.

DeFlanko said:
And to the Guy who said Guitar hero.... Those are like the worst rendition of Karaoke Night Rock Star Music ive ever heard..... i mean comon... Kurt Cobain's Heart shaped box... when he sung that song for the Uritro album no one understood the lyrics... but amazingly Guitar hero you can understand Everything...

UUMMMMMMMMMMMM OK your point. thats why I picked guitar hero cause I like the music. which is what I though the question to the thread was. not what songs do you like that you think everyone else likes? :nonod:

anywho moving on:prrr:

Best Video Game Music

The best music in a game is undoubtedly the music from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Much of the game revolves around the use of magical songs and a magical musical instrument. You can also use the ocarina to play notes you pick and you can write your own songs!

Other good music from video games: the first level of Super Castlevania IV, and probably Super Mario Brothers.

donkey kong country... forget which number........ Web Woods and Bramble Brush(?)...... also, Kingdom Hearts I & II intros.

Back