Best Type to Play on ? LCD , Plasma, DLP ?

Sknzfan

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
I'm looking at upgrading my kids play room with a new Monitor...now which kind is best for the Wii ? Considering Lag time and such ?

Thanx in advance !:thumbsup:

djkidbee said:

ehh, not really (atleast not for playing the Wii)

If your buying one just for Wii play, then I would go with a less expensive non-HDTV. A TV with EDTV (Enhanced Definition) technology would suite you just fine.

However, if your looking into buying an LCD / Plasma or DLP for HD-gaming purposes, I would go with DLP or LCD

DLP technology is significantly cheaper and just as good (IMO) as LCD / Plasma.

Samsung produces quite a few HDTV DLP's that are reasonably priced that have an amazing picture quality.

Sknzfan said:
I'm looking at upgrading my kids play room with a new Monitor...now which kind is best for the Wii ? Considering Lag time and such ?

Thanx in advance !:thumbsup:

Go for a EDTV projector. It is fun to play wii with a very big screen.

Master Wii said:
ehh, not really (atleast not for playing the Wii)

If your buying one just for Wii play, then I would go with a less expensive non-HDTV. A TV with EDTV (Enhanced Definition) technology would suite you just fine.

However, if your looking into buying an LCD / Plasma or DLP for HD-gaming purposes, I would go with DLP or LCD

DLP technology is significantly cheaper and just as good (IMO) as LCD / Plasma.

Samsung produces quite a few HDTV DLP's that are reasonably priced that have an amazing picture quality.

Yeah I love my HDTV DLP by Samsung. Significantly better than any LCD I have seen.

I love my 40" Bravia LCD :D. It's pretty good for gaming (tested only with a 360 thus far).

So far my HDTV isnt all that impressive. Getting component cables on monday, so it might improve.

Redan499 said:
So far my HDTV isnt all that impressive. Getting component cables on monday, so it might improve.

Probably because the Wii doesn't produce an HD signal.

All your TV is doing is stretching the picture to either 720p / 1080i or 1080p resolution (whichever one you have it set to) and no amount of cables will help with that.

You need to manually adjust your HDTV to display the Wii in 480p resolution to get the best picture quality from your Wii.

Thanx for ALL the replies...we have an HD signal here so I would be going with ANYTHING HD ...I was just wondering about Lag Time on each ?
We have a big screen (55") LCD in the living room and I didn't notice much if any Lag Time on it...but what do I know , this is my first gaming system since the EARLY Atari ! :)

Master Wii said:
I wouldn't bother. Save your money and buy another Nunchuk controller :thumbsup:

Why do you think a Nunchuk controller is worth getting? I say if you've got a HDTV get the most out of the bloody thing.

Rackers said:
Why do you think a Nunchuk controller is worth getting? I say if you've got a HDTV get the most out of the bloody thing.

Why don't you take a look at the link to the TV he provided before posting your nonsence.

Back