Beyond Hell Valley and the Sky Trees

Tarix819

WiiChat Member
Apr 28, 2014
Yeah, so I was playing SMG2 yesterday and I discovered something weird. I was playing on the Shiverburn galaxy and I went into first person mode to see that SBG (Shiverburn galaxy) was in some sort of canyon. I was looking at the canyon and I saw three people standing on top. I also saw this in Grandmaster galaxy. No matter where you are on the level, if you look up to your left you can see them. I looked this up on YouTube and apparently someone hacked the game to view the files and SBG is called Beyond Hell Valley. The figures file name is Beyond Hell Valley Sky Trees. I haven't seen anything like these mysterious ghost like creatures before and it is pretty creepy. Nintendo has made no reference to these creatures whatsoever and the only creature in the Mario Games which I can relate to them is the Shy Guy.....and even then, the "Hell Valley Sky Trees" don't look similar. The one on the far left shows most of its body - dark, skinny creature with long arms. (NOT Slenderman, because it has huge eyes) The one on the far right shows part of it's body and the one in the middle only shows it's head. Whatever these creatures are, they sure are spooky and if anyone, I repeat ANYONE can give me a theory or, even better, an answer to these creeps, I sure will appreciate it. Please Post your theories below. :flowerfire:

Last edited:
Some people have probably assumed it's an inside joke or easter egg one'a the programmers put in, but if no information 'bout that has been brought to light by now, that probably ain't it. My guess is they're just generic aliens that were t' be a background texture or somethin' in one'a the levels, but was scrapped at some early point in development. The reason they're view-able may be 'cause they were on the prototype of Shiverburn, but developers forgot to remove the data from the level, allowin' you to see 'em still. Happens rather often in games, scrapped data never gettin' removed due to time constraints or no one remembering.

Mind you, that's all guesswork. Don't actually know nothin' 'bout this thing, only heard about it once.

Their file is called "Hells Occupants" or something like that.

Back