Big Brain Academy

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
What is the deal with this title? I just went to the video store and (surprisingly) they already had it available to rent. So I flip it over and read the back. It looks like a JOKE!

Why is this series so popular on the DS? Am I missing something? From what I saw on the back cover I wouldnt pay $5 for the game.

Big Brain is a great game for people who enjoy puzzles and games that make you think. Everyone that I know that has played either the DS version or the Wii version loves the game. Maybe it's the demographic that my friends and I fit in that explains why we love it. One thing I do know is that the DS version is very addictive to me and I can't wait to get my Wii back so I can play Wii Degree.

It's probably just not a genre that you are drawn too, just like I could care less for the gore games like Manhunt. There must be a huge market for these games b/c Big Brain and Brain Age continue to sell.

the only one I've played is the Wii version and I thought it sucked big time. The "puzzle" are simple and fast overall the game is very titius.

miiplaywii said:
the only one I've played is the Wii version and I thought it sucked big time. The "puzzle" are simple and fast overall the game is very titius.

It's more fun with friends to be honest. Some games I can't imagine playing alone. WarioWare, Mario Party, Big Brain.

It's supposedly useful for your brain to become larger, having more space for intelligent thoughts, but I think the games are actually for little kids, they seem so easy, and yet the IGN editors Cassamassina and Bozon seem to be having trouble playing the games, they truly suck in the videos, I wanted to buy the game but now I am not sure.

Me and my family have been having a lot of fun with this game. For those of you who thought it was easy, what was your score? Sure they are easy individually, but there are many difficulty levels and varieties thrown at you during the tests.

I like it myself.

Axtlar said:
I think the games are actually for little kids

I think the target audience isn't kids I think it is more the opposite of the lapsed older gamer to be honest with you. I think probably somewhere in the 25 and older age range. Of course it is something that they can do with their families but I definitely don't think that Nintendo had the 18 and under crowd in mind when the decided to release the game. If you look closely you will see that Big Brain is released under the Touch Generations label for Nintendo.

Touch Generations

Just for reference I'm 28 married with 3 kids with minimal gaming time and the majority of my friends are in the same demographic.

Yes, but..they are easy, the games! why are those editors having trouble!!?

first, the games aren't meant to be insanely difficult. they're basic challenges to test particular skills. and the game judges you on accuracy but also speed. the faster you take the test the higher your score. and the better you do during a test the harder it gets. it goes from easy-medium-hard. not certain if the editors found it hard b/c of the speed factor, but that might be it.

not sure if the solo test includes expert but i know the multiplayer and solo training has the expert level, which frankly is challenging once you factor in that speed bit. i'm also 28 and find this a blast. i also happen to enjoy games like godfather too. but i realize they're two totally different genres (and i too have zero interest in manhunt). and i can understand how this wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

I have 0 interest in Manhunt too, and I guess I'll check out the game (Big Brain)

tarheelsuperman said:
Perfect, hope you like it.
thanks me too, it's probably like Wario Ware but with thinking mini-games, right? I just hope they do get harder as one plays

Back