BioShock

it's not that scary that you would jump and scream, unless you dont have the sound too high and you turn around and see a genetically modified guy right behind you. everywhere you walk theres always voices and people screaming and stuff so yeah

Not quite FEAR scary but it will make ya jump, great game but not the experience it's been hyped up to be.

=/ I never considered it scary... just kinda violent...

i mean... it's not 'woah monsters' is 'woah creepy people with masks on' and 'woah guy in divers suit!' NOOOOOOO!

=| if you're 13 the age restrictions are there for a reason... i played resident evil 2 when i was like 7/8 and it scared the **** outta me... but now i've re-played it it doesn't ^^

(Completed Bioshock in 16 hours on easy... i know it's not too much of an achievement... but i'm re-doing it on the hardest setting now i know where everything is ^^)

The game is creepy but not scary as such. The only parts that have made my pulse rate increase are the parts where the lights suddenly go out!

Love this game, really atmospheric and a beautiful looking game.

I didn't find it scary at all...it's just a bit weird and freakish. But saying that I didn't find Doom 3 or Resident Evil 4 all that scary, so it might just be me.

But its a great game anyway! I'm gonna go and play it through a second time soon.

Last edited:
Bioshock is scary, but no where near the memories I've had with Silent Hill *shivers*.

RivalDestiny said:
Bioshock is scary, but no where near the memories I've had with Silent Hill *shivers*.

same with me... played silent hill when i was 11 or something... couldn't sleep for weeks :(

again, re-played it and now it's not even scary =S

bioshock seemed liek an awesome/decently scary game from the first 5 miutes i played it. that was right before my 360 scractched it beyond recognition and got the red ring.

im looking forward to actually playing this game, i love the horror genre.

SensesFail said:
bioshock seemed liek an awesome/decently scary game from the first 5 miutes i played it. that was right before my 360 scractched it beyond recognition and got the red ring.

im looking forward to actually playing this game, i love the horror genre.

=/ unlucky...

it's a great game...

isn't it nominated for game of the year or something?

the_flood502 said:
=/ unlucky...

it's a great game...

isn't it nominated for game of the year or something?

It should be, it's a great game, but some other games I believe are better then bioshock =P.

Mongrol said:
Dont laugh at me for this but how scary is Bioshock? i really really really want it cause it looks amazing but i get scared easily and dont wanna end up never playing it (im only 13 ^^)
You see a guy get disemboweled in the first 5 minutes of gameplay. It was pretty creepy.

M4573RM1ND said:
Metroid Prime 3 actually outsold Bioshock.

Yes, I believe that's due to the popularity of the MP3 though. Looking at Bioshock's cover doesn't really peak my interest. Seeing a fat, midget-like robot thing with a drill screwed onto his arm doesn't really excite me. Also Bioshock just recently came out, and the hype going into the release date wasn't as high as MP3. Overall though, MP3 > Bioshock in my opinion.

Back