Blue Light Problem

Not exactly my friend...this is whats going on:

Everytime i start the wii up the slot illuminates briefly (stays lit for about a second)

In the past couple of days when i got a message the disc slot would illuminate until i checked the message

Today for some reason, i got many messages and in each case the slot did not illuminate nor blink. The only way i would know if i have new messages, would be when i come out of a game or mii channel and would notice an increase in my message counter.

I was just wondering why did the slot not function properly today? It still blinks when the console is turned on but nothing happens when i get a message.

My settings are correct.
I have tried to unplug it and send myself a message to see if it will illuminate but no dice.
Any tips on how to fix it?

I don't think the disc slot will light up unless your Wii is in standby mode, or on.
You have it off, and unplugged, so it will not light up.

Your still not getting it, i would plug the system in, and turn it on and normally the slot would illuminate notifying me of a new message but today the slot did not illuminate

dds said:
Your still not getting it, i would plug the system in, and turn it on and normally the slot would illuminate notifying me of a new message but today the slot did not illuminate
I apologize but your jumping all over the place...
Was your wii on or off when the slot was supposed to light up, but didn't?

Blue Light

Does the bluelight really stay on?...my blue light only flashes when i turn it on thats it....i didnt know it was suppose to be on the whole time...damn

Slight detour here, but might be relevant...

The blue slot only lights up when you have external emails or messages, not play reports or new record stats.

Were any of the 11 messages external ones ??

Edit: Andyyy - it only stays on if you have unread emails waiting.

same here, the blue light blinks initially when you turn it on, but never comes onto say that i have a message/email or a new mii waiting to be viewed.
And yes, I have all the settings set up correctly.
Some guy in another post said he updated the firmware on his router and it sorted this out, but surely this cant have anything to do with it can it>?
shippo

Well as soon as I turned my Wii on it did a software update, and has done 2 more since then. I never saw it running out of the box without any updates so I'm not sure.

What I do know is that the blue slot only illuminates if you get external email, not mails about your play stats or new records or anything like that.

You can only get external email if you have registered an email address at both ends, it's Nintendo's way of stopping people from spamming Wii email addresses. Of course emails from Nintendo themselves don't need to be registered.

Eg, I recently had an email from Nintendo saying that the news channel was ready, and I should do an update. This one made the blue slot glow. I can send the Wii an email from my PC upstairs, or from my works laptop, that too will make it glow. But if I played 3 hours on zelda, the email that arrives telling me my total playtime, isn't classed as external, and hence won't make the slot glow.

Back