Blue light doesnt live on

blue light

well i've tried the e-mail effect, sure it worked but once i turned on the wii, the light just disappear again, and stay on like that even though i didn't check my unread messages.....is my wii WIITARDED?

Wii17 said:
1st dont paint it thats just dumb.... make a silicon skin, 2nd with the light always on the led will eventually die and you wont have a light at all which is why nintendo should release replacement sensor bars into stores, those 2 little led's are only gonna last so long

also it's like a 3 month old topic... let it die in 2 places there is almost a month between posts ffs

Did you know you can replace those LEDS? Geuss not i changed mine to Red after some cutting and sodering, yes you can do that OHHHH. hahah also applyed a Nice skin to it as well check it out:

http://www.decalgirl.com/prodimg/retro-wii.jpg

This is just the skin though but ill get pics up soon.....

There is a mod out there for the system, called PulseVU, you can get it here:
http://wiihacks.blogspot.com/2006/12/pulsevu-nintendo-wii-hardware-mod.html

For those of you with friends that email you, you'll notice the light comes on when you have a new message (from reading, it seems there are a few posters that don't realize this). This message is from either a friend or the system itself. For instance, you just bowled a killer game of 246 when your high was a mere 217, the system will email this, turning on the blue light; it flashes bright to dim until the message is read. An easy way would be to have a friend send you a blank message and you just don't ever open it... if the system has a safeguard against this I can't verify that, so I can't guarantee that will work, but hey, it's worth a shot.

The only option with the light as of now is dim/bright/off, hopefully Nintendo gives us more of an option in future firmware updates, but who's to say this is possible through firmware (which I'm sure it is). The default is dim, so to brighten it, go to Wii Settings > WiiConnect24 > Slot Illumination > Bright/Dim/Off then click Confirm. I use Bright while at home because my system is in my gaming room, however, when I go back home I put it on dim as I keep it in the bedroom I sleep in, and bright is a tad overwhelming when you're trying to catch some Z's.

I am one that would love to see the light more than never, but I only get a message or two a day, so once I read those messages, it's off until the following day's messages. Please Nintendo, give me a firmware update for this, let me customize it to my liking!

Back