Blue light doesnt live on

I was thinking that this would be true cuz if you look at any of the nintendo fusion tour videos floating around they show the Wii while a person is playing and the light was off. It would have been cooler if it stayed on but it's not a big deal.

The Wiis blue light is like the Gamecube orange light. That one was always on... Why not this one ?

teqguy said:
Okay, here's a little information to counter that:

If the light can be turned off based on functions the system performs, then, naturally, it can be turned back on via another function. This most likely means that it will have an option to either turn on/off or (hopefully) dim the light to various settings.

I actually appreciate that the light doesn't remain on at all times, because it's tremendously bright. Everyone thought the novelty of the PS2's blue and green lights would never wear off, but that only took a few weeks for me; I ended up covering the buttons in black electrical tape because they became so obtrusive.

Now, here's a thought: What if the light was multicolored and would shine based on what the console is doing, ie: if you recieved a message it would flash accordingly and shine in the color of whose message it was.

Very true! As long as the system performs the way we're seeing on videos and such, I don't care for the blue light... but like you said, having the feature to shut it off/on would be great! I've always liked the PS2 lights, but playing the system I too found them distracting when the room was pitch dark... glad I got my XBOX over the Sony, with it's simple green light :lol:

N-Nooooo! T_T Pretty blue light isn't gonna be there?! Gah, dammit. T_T I loved that pretty blue light. >_<
...Meh, but it doesn't matter much. xP Not like I'm gonna change my mind just 'cause a light. AND it woulda been a bit too bright. But like ZeroG said, it's pretty much just news that the worlds sexiest console just got a bit less sexy. xP

Last edited:
the light is still there you are all fractards lol you could probly hack it so that it will always be on

theres gonna be a hack for it, but it would probably have to be a software hack

im probably gonna replace the blue with a green one to complement my 360

Yeah, while I like the blue light, I know it would have annoyed me if it were always on, just like my laptop's sleep light keeps me awake. As long as it turns on atleast once, I'll be satisfied.

Kumoriken said:
Err... It's plugged into the same outlet and whether the light is on or off will charge the same money/use the same ammount of electricity.

If the light is off, it uses less power. This move by Nintendo will save people multiple cents per month.

Back