My review: Chill Station by Psyclone Essentials

So how does the fan help keep it cool?.. it is not internal.. so how would it help?
I am sure it does.. just wondering
and how many wii motes and chuks does it hold total

yeah ive been looking at this stand, but i cant find any good pictures of it, and dont have a cc near me so if anyone has some pictures of their wii in the stand with it like holding the controlers i would realy appreciate that. but 20 bucks is a real deal i ll probably pick one up.

That's freakin' awesome!

I definately gotta get me one of these... Blue... Light... So... Sexy... *dies*

Now I'm No Professional Photographer...

Here's a few pictures I took of mine, but the sunlight through the curtains made it difficult; I did what I could:

PE_LON.jpg

PE_LDIM.jpg

PE_LDIM2.jpg

PE_LOFF.jpg

PE_LOFF2.jpg

PE_BASE.jpg

If anyone needs me to wait until darkness falls I'll see what I can do, but this should give a pretty good show of what it looks like. I also had my friend shoot me a message so the light bar would flash... I really like this stand.

It only holds Wiimotes x2 and Nunchucks x2. As you see, my Wavebird and Classic Controller are laid to the left most of the time and my games stacked to the rear. *EDIT* Finally got the picture of the base; notice how the USB port powers the LED and also has an extender on it so it keeps the USB port open for you.

Last edited:
It looks cool in the dark, but what is the point of it? The Wii runs relatively cool. The USB power supply is s definite plus.

I guess the main point is to hold two controllers and nunchucks, give your system a little bling, and extend the life of your console. Beyond that, it's user preference...

Nick111 said:
So how does the fan help keep it cool?.. it is not internal.. so how would it help?
I am sure it does.. just wondering
and how many wii motes and chuks does it hold total

If you look at the bottom of your Wii you'll see there are vents. I'm not sure if the fan on the stand is an intake fan or an exhaust fan (perhaps someone who has said stand can clarify this - I would imagine its an exhaust fan but you never know)
If its an exhaust fan then it will help pull a larger volume of cool air through the Wii dissapating the heat more effectivly.
If its an intake fan then it will push a larger volume of cool air through the Wii.

Quick question - how loud is the fan in the stand?

also another question?
Why does the wii get hotter while on standby than off?
That is so weird ;)

this has been said befor, but it gets hotter on standby because the components are not completly off they are just running a lower speed, however the fans do not stay on so there is no cooling and over time the heat builds up

Cabe said:
Quick question - how loud is the fan in the stand?

I just stood up and had to put my ear up to my Wii to even hear it. My computer sits next to me so all I hear is my X800 FE kickin' strong. You won't hear this fan, trust me!

Wiiconnaissance said:
I just stood up and had to put my ear up to my Wii to even hear it.

Thats a good sign. My PC fan sounds like a jet engine at times. I'm looking to replace it with something less likely to make my ears bleed. So my priority goes PC fan>Wii fan :)

Just exchanged my chil station for another chill station. took it home, the light came on. I turned it off and went away for 30 mins. Tried to turn it back on, and the light does not come back on.....

Talk about a pos product right here.

Back