Blue Light, (I Would Like to Think) Final Topic

KaDee

Intellectual Visionary
Oct 16, 2006
Wii Online Code
6267-1290-5033-7224
I know theres numerous topics about the blue light, but once and for all I would like people to state, and I mean CLEARLY state, whether or not they have got their blue lights to stay COMPLETELY on, by not going anywhere near their message section on Wii.

Because I've followed the steps (both when my Wii was on and when it was standby), the blue light came on but then went back off. While the Wii was on, when I received the msg it just flickered for about 5-6 secs then went off, and when it was on standby it stayed on for a extended period of time untill I actually turned the Wii on.

Now some have said they have got it to stay on while playing, then even after they have put it on standby for the night, the blue light has distracted them from sleep and such forth.

So could people just elaborate please? i.e. If have got it to stay on at will, then what are your internet settings configured as? e.g. WiiConnect24 > On, Standby Connection > On, Slot Illumination > Bright/Dim

Last edited:
I thought it was only supposed to turn on if you get updates. That's what it said in the instruction manual when I checked it out.

unluckylink13 said:
I thought it was only supposed to turn on if you get updates. That's what it said in the instruction manual when I checked it out.

Nope, turns on when you get e-mails also :yesnod:. And it does stay on, seemingly permanent for some, but for me it went off when I turned my Wii on as I said. Seems to have done the reverse for others, i.e. it stayed on untill they put their Wii into standby :shocked:

By 'Updates' I meant 'messages' Sorry for the weird wording.

My light always turns off when I turn my Wii on, and I don't get messages/e-mails much so most of the time my light is off.

All of the Wiis that I've seen don't keep the light on, but maybe it's just a problem, and hopefully Nintendo will release a firmware update that fixes it in the future. =]]

unluckylink13 said:
By 'Updates' I meant 'messages' Sorry for the weird wording.

My light always turns off when I turn my Wii on, and I don't get messages/e-mails much so most of the time my light is off.

All of the Wiis that I've seen don't keep the light on, but maybe it's just a problem, and hopefully Nintendo will release a firmware update that fixes it in the future. =]]

I doubt its a problem, I think they did actually want it this way, but someone messed around and stumbled across not reading the messages. Of course some could be chattin ****, or it could be their system literally doesnt switch the light off untill they've read the message, where as our machines act accordingly and switch off the light once Wii is turned on.

When I have a message the blue light comes on and kinda pulsates from dim to bright (in off or standby mode). As soon as I turn on the Wii the light goes off, sounds like what you are talking about. Perhaps those whos light stay on with the Wii on haven't updated their console via DL, not sure. Also not sure which way would be the defect, light staying on with console on, or light turning off when console is turned on. I would assume the later because if you have a message waiting their should be a notification light, even if your console is on, how else would you know you have a message waiting unless youre at the main menu?

Xanthan said:
When I have a message the blue light comes on and kinda pulsates from dim to bright (in off or standby mode). As soon as I turn on the Wii the light goes off, sounds like what you are talking about. Perhaps those whos light stay on with the Wii on haven't updated their console via DL, not sure. Also not sure which way would be the defect, light staying on with console on, or light turning off when console is turned on. I would assume the later because if you have a message waiting their should be a notification light, even if your console is on, how else would you know you have a message waiting unless youre at the main menu?

Thats what I think, but then on the other hand, once the Wii is turned on unless you jump straight into a channel you are bound to see that there is a message, by looking at the icon and seeing the number representing how many unread messages are there. So it could be that the light is supposed to turn off :frown2:

Back