My review: Chill Station by Psyclone Essentials

Xanthan

Hardcore Gamer
Nov 30, 2006
Augusta, GA
Wii Online Code
6188-0435-3585-1038
Well for Christmas my lil Sis got me a stand for my Wii. I wasn't too excited about it at first since I already had a stand I bought from Nintendo that came with 2 gloves.

But I was wrong, this thing is pretty cool. First off, it's powered by USB. Plugs into the back of the Wii and the connector has a USB extension on its back so you don't lose a USB slot. Secondly, it has a cool blue light that goes all the way around the clear base (blue light matches the slot light). There is a switch to turn the light on/off on the back, its also powered by the same USB connection. The light is only on when the Wii is on, but it stays on unless you flip the switch in the back. The stand holds 1 wiimote and 1 nunchuk per side.

All in all it's a pretty nice stand, and gives a little extra cooling. Plus it has a nice blue light around it. I would say this is a stand worth buying!

EDIT: Worth mentioning the blue light around the base of the stand does stay on in standby mode. I wasn't sure about this because when I first plugged it in I was over a friends house and it didn't light up in off position. (But off is different from standby) aparently in standby it can still draw power from the USB connector on the back. So if you want a blue light on all the time this is a bonus, if not there is a switch to turn off the light on the back of the base.

Last edited:
Xanthan said:
Well for Christmas my lil Sis got me a stand for my Wii. I wasn't too excited about it at first since I already had a stand I bought from Nintendo that came with 2 gloves.

But I was wrong, this thing is pretty cool. First off, it's powered by USB. Plugs into the back of the Wii and the connector has a USB extension on its back so you don't lose a USB slot. Secondly, it has a cool blue light that goes all the way around the clear base (blue light matches the slot light). There is a switch to turn the light on/off on the back, its also powered by the same USB connection. The light is only on when the Wii is on, but it stays on unless you flip the switch in the back. The stand holds 1 wiimote and 1 nunchuk per side.

All in all it's a pretty nice stand, and gives a little extra cooling. Plus it has a nice blue light around it. I would say this is a stand worth buying!

I cant find those were did you get yours?

ive been trying to find one. as far as i can tell only circuit city has them. i just ordered mine from them online. theyre 20 bucks.

Not sure, I'll ask my sis... like I said she bought it as a gift

in my opinion wii does not get hot enough to over heat its not a very fast proccessor thus heat is minimal and can be kept low easily any over heating problems are because of a manufacturing defect i have left my wii on for almost a week strait with no side effects there is no need for a cooling device the ones for 360 have actualy been known for causing heating issues.

I was going to buy one at circuct city tommorow and When i went yesterday I think it was 50$ but i didn't have my wallet or i would of bought it yesterday.

805wiiplayer said:
I was going to buy one at circuct city tommorow and When i went yesterday I think it was 50$ but i didn't have my wallet or i would of bought it yesterday.

nah theyre 20 bucks. i saw the tag for it at cc but they were out and i bought one from cc online. 19.99

Must of seen the wrong tag but that is even better I will have money left over to buy anoter game.:D

Link_of_Hyrule said:
in my opinion wii does not get hot enough to over heat its not a very fast proccessor thus heat is minimal and can be kept low easily any over heating problems are because of a manufacturing defect i have left my wii on for almost a week strait with no side effects there is no need for a cooling device the ones for 360 have actualy been known for causing heating issues.

I'm not saying the Wii gets so hot that it needs a fan, but if you are going to get a stand.. why not get a fan and some blue light in the deal. Anyhow the cooler you can keep any electronic device the longer it will work without problems. Just a device heating up then cooling off can cause warping and cracking, so why not keep your Wii as cool as possible, and look cool in the process. :p

New Info: Worth mentioning the blue light around the base of the stand does stay on in standby mode. I wasn't sure about this because when I first plugged it in I was over a friends house and it didn't light up in off position. (But off is different from standby) aparently in standby it can still draw power from the USB connector on the back. So if you want a blue light on all the time this is a bonus, if not there is a switch to turn off the light on the back of the base.

Also edited original post to show this

yep this is true. i got one myself and im digging it. the blue light makes my wii look sexy. i swear to god you can put a light in anything and it will sell. but i like the fan too. and the fact it holds remotes and chuks.

Last edited:
My review: Chill Station by Psyclone Essentials...

I too have this and just posted my own review on another message board I've been on for years, the original post can be found at http://p205.ezboard.com/fthirteenthgate37591frm16.showMessage?topicID=188.topic.

I'm not sure that link will work, so here it is in quote (this is in not to steal Xanthan's thunder, just my review of the same product):

Wow, more Wii talk? There must be a "revolution" going around here. I was in Circuit City earlier tonight while my wife was in a girly store next door and I came across this Wii Chill Station. With a $20 price tag I decided to give it a shot. The link really doesn't provide enough of a description on its unique design, so I'll try to improve on that:

The stand is broken into three separate pieces, two being identical, only mirrored, these are the outer legs where you can hold a Wii remote + Nunchuck per side. They snap onto the middle section where there is a USB cable that provides power to a blue light bar; this illuminates the stand in the same blue you see on the Wii loading slot and it has an on/off switch to control it at will. Don't worry about blocking a USB port though, Psyclone Essentials placed a USB extender on the port, keeping the port open in the event you need the one it utilizes. The cooling chasm is designed well, and has a small fan (I'm guessing 90mm) that blows the heated air from the Wii through this chasm.

With the entire product installed and turned on, it looks neat, but not as neat as I would have guessed from looking at the picture on the box. The picture on the box shows the entire product illuminated in blue, but it isn't quite that cool. The strip of light is only visible around the middle section of the product and the plastic is clear, not blue, leaving you able to see the light through the outer sections. The middle section looks great when setup by itself, but the stability of it is hampered considerably and I would not recommend using it without the other two sections that support it. When your lights are on all you see is the strip of blue light, but with the lights turned off, you can see most of the middle section illuminated with only partial illumination of the outer sections. Whether or not it looks like the picture on the box is obsolete once you take it out of the box and see what it really is, but it does look great nonetheless.

The Wii doesn't get hot at all without the stand, much less with it, so the product will definitely do the job of keeping the console cool. It claims on the box it extends the life of the console, but neither the manual nor the website explain how this is done. Regardless of this, I like the look of the product, although I would prefer a more illuminated look and provided illumination to the outer sections and feel that it is indeed cooling the system. The on/off switch and the USB extender to keep the slot freed are wonderful additions and the holders for both of my controllers, including nunchucks, is a much needed function. This is the perfect alternative to the Wii's stand and provides me with some show-off material when company stops by for some Madden/Wii Sports competition, especially when the lights are dimmed and my Wii is on a pedestal of blue light. I'm happy with my decision to buy this product and recommend it to anyone with the Wii.

sorry for the bump, but i just bought this at curcutcity, and the light was defective and did not operate. And yes i did see the switch on the back , and it is in the on position

20 bucks?? wowo thats a good price man i think ill pick one up when i get the xtra money......

Back