Bought a N64, got some Questions

zurukea

Billy Talent is awesomest
Jun 20, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada
So my friend sold me his N64, 2 controllers, 2 games, all the adapters, memory card and memory expansion park for 15 dollars. Heres my questions, When i'm playing Mario Kart 64 in Time Trials if I hit a bomb or fall of the track, i get a message saying ghost data can not be saved. Also when I put in Tony Hawk It won't load, screen just stays black, somtimes it playes and when it does I get a message saying memory card damaged. What do you tink of all this???

it's probably just a bad memory card try buying one on ebay or something, they won't be very expensive since they were only like 10 bucks new back in the day. great deal though, i'm looking for someone with one for sale but am not having very good luck

Blow on the cartridges.

^The answer to all your questions :lol:

:wink:

LevesqueIsKing said:
Blow on the cartridges.

^The answer to all your questions :lol:

:wink:
Not so good in the long run. The moisture in your breath can damage the cartridge over time.

As far as your problem, your memory card is corrupted I think.That happens usually when the Nintendo 64 is turned off while saving. I don't know if there is a way to reformat it...so more than likely you will have to buy a new one. I saw some at a local Gamestop for $1 each. Maybe you could find one there?

OK my friend came over today and he showed me some stuff, i erased everything on the card and it works fine now, i found a way to make games work and i bought diddy kong racing on ebay =) Its preety kool, and i've blown on the games many times, it works lolz

masonb15 said:
Not so good in the long run. The moisture in your breath can damage the cartridge over time.

As far as your problem, your memory card is corrupted I think.That happens usually when the Nintendo 64 is turned off while saving. I don't know if there is a way to reformat it...so more than likely you will have to buy a new one. I saw some at a local Gamestop for $1 each. Maybe you could find one there?
And what do you suggest I do with my NES SNES and N64 games? Rather than blowing them and playing them, should I just wait to play them until the dust magically disappears?

I've been blowing (lol) all my cartridges and none of them have gone bad due to moisture...

i would imagine the heat generated from the console would be enough to evapourate the moisture before it had time to start cording the contacts.
Was always the fix for S/NES for me.

That just happens in the Mario Kart 64 game, if you encounter really any problems that could interrupt your character, even with pausing, your ghost data won't be saved. I worshipped that game when I was six years old and it's turned me into some sick twisted Mario Kart demon, ;)

Some games like turok 2 seeds of evil have a format utility on them, when u start the game it will scan ur memory card and if there are corrupted files or if the memory card is damaged it will try to fix it for u.

Back