Bought a N64, got some Questions

LevesqueIsKing said:
Blow on the cartridges.

^The answer to all your questions :lol:

:wink:

haha always worked for me growing up!

Gikoku said:
Yeah, but just don't blow into the Gameboy cartridges , or you'll wipe the data clean off of there.

I did that, nothing has happened for them. That would explain my sister's buggy Pokemon game though, but I can't imagine her slobbering all over it.

LevesqueIsKing said:
And what do you suggest I do with my NES SNES and N64 games? Rather than blowing them and playing them, should I just wait to play them until the dust magically disappears?

I've been blowing (lol) all my cartridges and none of them have gone bad due to moisture...
Mine have. My Landstalker cartridge chip has rust...

Frogger said:
I did that, nothing has happened for them. That would explain my sister's buggy Pokemon game though, but I can't imagine her slobbering all over it.

Yeah i think it's only with the Pokemon games, a friend of mine a few years ago had a dusty Pokemon Red for gameboy that kept freezing and not starting up, so he blew into the cartridge... and next thing we knew, his entire data was gone because of it.

Gikoku said:
Yeah i think it's only with the Pokemon games, a friend of mine a few years ago had a dusty Pokemon Red for gameboy that kept freezing and not starting up, so he blew into the cartridge... and next thing we knew, his entire data was gone because of it.

Every time she turns Pokemon Silver on she has to start a new game... But mine have always been fine, she must've projectile spat in it or something.

LOL!!!
Gross? No, I dont spit in the games, they just get that way after so long. Have to blow in 'em to start the damn thing, then it freezes, then blow in it to start it, over and over again. Just Landstalker though.

i used to give my NES cartridges a little hit, that also seemed to work for me.

Speaking of N64, I need a new controller, or at least a fresh control stick. Mine wobbles with a dead zone in the center. Only local place that has them wants $15 for controllers.

As for some of the pokemon gb game problems, the internal battery could've died which disallows saving.

And for the MK64 ghost thing, the reason that is, is so the ghost doesn't do all that when saved, like a ghost hitting a tree is pretty random and same as falling into water and stuff, so I think the game can't emulate that or something. And besides if you crash it won't be your best time. Wow I haven't played MK64 in a while we should see who has the fastest lap and race in Luigi Raceway Time Trial or something.

Back