Bought Wii over year ago... will I have to pay for repairs?

glennok

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2008
This may be a stupid question.
I recently have been sent a prepaid postage slip to dispatch my wii to the repairs centre.

My problem is the graphical overheating one, and was NOT caused by misuse but by a well-documented hardware fault. I left the wii well ventilated and its never been dropped etc.
I told the customer service operator about it, and asked if I would be charged she rather vaguely said, "Nintendo are generally quite relaxed about it..."
??
I bought the console OVER a year ago now so my warranty is officially void
But will I still have to pay for repairs despite it being entirely the manufacturer's fault for the hardware error?

Its kinda unfair if I have to fork out for an unprovoked error, warranty or not.

Last edited:
glennok said:
This may be a stupid question.
I recently have been sent a prepaid postage slip to dispatch my wii to the repairs centre.

My problem is the graphical overheating one, and was NOT caused by misuse but by a well-documented hardware fault. I left the wii well ventilated and its never been dropped etc.
I told the customer service operator about it, and asked if I would be charged she rather vaguely said, "Nintendo are generally quite relaxed about it..."
??
I bought the console OVER a year ago now so my warranty is officially void
But will I still have to pay for repairs despite it being entirely the manufacturer's fault for the hardware error?

Its kinda unfair if I have to fork out for an unprovoked error, warranty or not.

If the error was their fault, they fix it for free. However, I'm unsure about the fact that it is void. I think you might have to pay for it.

Back