Brawl Goes Gold in Japan

Hold your horses, everyone...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133675

SamuraiPanda said:
I never bothered reading the "gone gold" stuff. I had just assumed it was real, and I frankly didn't care (Its coming out in a month people, just be patient). But I finally got around to reading it and noticed it cited a Japanese site. So I looked on the site and noticed that the picture was not there (or I just didn't see it). Then I decided to read the Japanese; Literally translated, it means "Picture in production." Which means that they didn't have a picture for the game on the site, so they used the picture that everyone is using as proof for a placeholder.

Then why does it say "Now Printing"? Well, as smart as those Japanese people are, they have horrible English. But oddly enough, they love to throw in English whenever and wherever possible. This was simply a case of mistranslation on their part, which people took as proof that Brawl has gone gold. Yes, Brawl could have already gone gold, but this picture does not prove anything. Sorry people.

EDIT: "For those of you not familiar with the term; a game "Goes Gold" when the master
disc (or a copy that is completely ready for shipment) is sent to the printing press to make copies. Meaning that development stage of the game is officially over and done!"

The only thing this changes is that people can no longer know for sure that the game wont be delayed again. That said, I still believe the game will be released in a month in Japan, and that won't change despite this being debunked.

Well, if it does make it's intended release, chances are that it has gone gold. (Even if it originally was a mistake)

Back