burning KCVD

T

The_Loose_Cannon

ok quick question if anyone knows.

right now im burning a few bin videos that i have on my harddrive with nero. it says to use CR-Rs but would it still work if i used DVD-R's? does it matter? and will it play and work on a DVD player since its a video CD?

unfortunitly the software i have only converts AVI files to DVD format which is playable on my DVD player. this is the first time im using nero to burn a cue/bin file

thanks in advance :)

oh of course its legal!!!! ;)

but seriously now, will what im doing work?

hmmmm. the file should be burnt on CD since its in .bin and .cue format since those are usualy made to be in VCD or SVCD format not DVD. however you might be able to find a way to convert it into dvd format. now some DVD players will play SVCD and VCD while other dont. i suggest burning it on a CD-RW just to test if your player will play S/VCDs

good point. i figured that if its a data disk, it could just be on a DVD- R.

i have a fairly new DVD player so i assume it will play with no problems. thats not a concern :)

also, are there any other programs better than nero for burning bin/cue files? nero is ok but its not all that. im still trying to find better (or free) versions. not that im being a cheapo and not paying for my software :) otherwise how could i get nero :D

nero is the only thing ill use when burning .iso, .bin, .cue or anyother file thats already in burnable format. i use other programs to get them into burnable format and then use nero to burn them lol. (however if im copying a DVD thats in DVD9 format (duel layer) i use DVD Shrink (100% free) to get rid of the extra stuff thats not needed so it fits on normal DVD).

actualy i remember a program called DVDSanta that i think has the option to convert vcd to dvd. you can try that (however its not free but it seems you know how to fix that lol)

hmm dvd santa, i will deff be giving that a try if it converts VCD to DVD :D thats almost guarenteed that it will play

its a great little program actualy. it can convert any video file into DVD format and give it chapters and stuff

i got it it looks flippin awesome! god i love the internet

thanks for the advice, looks like this loser is staying up late and burning DVDs all night.....but hey, look on the bright side, this will keep me occupied at work tomorrow!!!! YAY!!!

Back