Buying advice: wii + TP or TP for gamecube

I've decided I'm going to get the Wii. You certainly convinced me .:smilewinkgrin:

Now finding it....
someone suggested craigslist, but I'm always weary of Used stuff, and there are more "bundles" available from people in my area for new ones, rather than just the console, and the few consoles alone that there are, are considerably jacked up to 300-350 bucks, probably due to the pain in the a$$ the wii is to find.

i have a widget from outtastock.com that will alert me to any available online Wiis. I'm going away in a few days though, so I can't have anything shipped, lest it come while I'm out of state. Which is a problem, considering if you see one you have to jump on it. Maybe I can get the house/pet sitter to snatch it up for me and put it inside, but someone would probably have to sign for it. If not, I will be very mad that they left my $250 dollar console inside my storm door...

as painful as it may be, I'm going to have to call some local Toys R Uses and Gamestops and EB Games to see if they have any in stock. It's possible i can get a friend to snatch one for me if they see one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a Circuit City nearby? They get 12 Wii's every week. Most of the time on Tuesdays and Sundays. They arrive by Fedex rather than their shipping trucks because of the scarcity.

Everyone is pretty much going to say go for the Wii version. It's good, no doubt, but TP isn't the best Zelda in the series by a longshot. If you are only buying for TP, just get the cube version and get a wii when you can. Don't get me wrong -- the Wii experience is very fun (much to my surprise) but I don't think anyone can *honestly* justify spending $250 bones to play a somewhat better version of the same game. Note that graphically, they are the same.

good news, my dad's coworker has contacts at toys r us, so he's gonna put one aside for me, and I'll probably order TP off amazon (unless the price difference is nill).

Back