Cable modem and USB cable and my Wii

demolition

WiiChat Member
Jan 12, 2007
I was wondering if it is possible for me to run a usb cable from my cable modem to my Wii? My modem has a usb port...so...if anyone has any info they can give me that would be great!

At this time I don't think that works, I'm not sure how much functionality is built into the Wii's USB ports, but it would be nice. More the issue is that the Wii just won't know what to do with the signal coming into it's USB device instead of it's WiFi card.(Software side)

But I could see this being a system update from nintendo, hardware is all in place...I guess we'll just have to wait and see...I don't see it being a priority for them either.

Sorry :(

so what do u people think would be better...the router or the wifi usb? money is not an issue.

The Wifi USB works for the DS and the Wii....and most likely anything else Nintendo puts out, I'm not sure about if it can be used with other devices.

It has to be plugged into a computer, that is on, and connected to the internet.

A nice router however would be better in the long run if you don't care about costs. I'm not sure about the difference in price because I don't know what the USB adapter costs either

I would go with the router. The range on the USB adapter is terrible, and it will only work with the Wii or DS. A router will connect not only to your Wii/DS, but also to any other WiFi enabled devices you may have, and doesn't cost much more.

thanks for the replys! i bought a router. i was a little nervous because i have never used one before but i followed the instructions and got it up and running and i've already downloaded all the Wii updates! thanks again!

Back