Calibrating the Wii-mote?

btcollier

I like pie.
Nov 21, 2006
Labrador City, Newfoundland.
I'm not sure if this is happening with anyone else, but if I were to aim the controller at the screen, the curser on the screen wouldn't be lined up with the controller in my hand. Is there any way to calibrate the controller's aim?

sadly no. ALOT of people are complaining about this and i see nintendo releaseing a patch soon to add wii-mote calibration (please dont anyone say to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor bar. that is just for IR light, not wii-mote pointer position). zelda has an option to adjust it a little. you can change it 2 way down or 2 ways up. it helps but its still a little off

I can't believe it - that just sucks! My screen is 6 feet wide (projector) and i must point the wiimote towards the bottom of the screen all the time. How can Nintendo think that "above screen" and "below screen" will fit all screen sizes?! Especially considering the care they've taken with just about everything else. The interface is what gives the wii all the interest and attention and is certainly why I bought it, and instead of working intuitively you really have to spend a lot of time trying to make it work. I've all but given up on the sports games, since without a clear on-screen indication of where you're pointing your wiimote there's absolutely no way to know. Very disappointing!!

By the way, what does the sensitivity do?

in the same position as you sasja , on my projector , it ain't sh!t . but if you tell that nintendo'll do a patch , then it's ok ;)

Drizzt

not sure if this is relevant, but do you have your wii set for the sensor bar position?

you can tell the wii if your sensor bar is above or below the tv set, which i have found does make a difference.

also its best to be directly in line with the sensor bar...

hopefully thats of some use to you, if not, sorry..

actually i tried a lot of thing. and sasja will probably tell you same as me.

normal tv , great result

projector screen , sensor bar above or below , directly above , way below , (i enve tried on the side), ain't sh!t . pointing in front , on the side , 2'' from the screen or 15' , same result.

Drizzt

Thanks for trying to help Gary, but I've got that bit right, just like Drizzt :)

I experimented and looked through menus for ages before coming here to have confirmed that there's nothing really one can do.

What puzzles me is that Nintendo can think that "above screen" and "below screen" will fit all screen sizes!

that's what i though the first time...

the best would have been 1 - above or below and 2 - screen size . this way you could have played from the sides as well.

Drizzt

btcollier said:
I'm not sure if this is happening with anyone else, but if I were to aim the controller at the screen, the curser on the screen wouldn't be lined up with the controller in my hand. Is there any way to calibrate the controller's aim?
Well... If you're using a projector I'm assuming you're most likely further than 4 feet from the sensor bar. If you move further away than that, you will have major problems using the Wii-mote. If I get 6 feet away from my TV the cursor starts to jump around. Just use a regular TV instead the projector. The Wii is meant for 21" - 52" TVs, not projectors on a wall. I tried using my Wii on a 12" TV, and the control was VERY innacturate.

Back