call of duty 3 glitch

joe.ford

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Essex, England
Hello hope you can help

I've been playing call of duty 3 on the Wii, and for some strange reason the character suddenly runs off on his own accord starring at the sky. When he finally stops the game carries on normally, but if you try to quit out the game, and return back to the main menu, the system crashes!

Just a black screen no response from the controller, green light stays on the console, but the only thing I can do is hold down the power for 10 seconds, to turn it off.

it has the latest updates installed. I don't know if that is the cause

any ideas if this is a bad thing, or just a small glitch to live with?

It seems to happen when things get busy, I dont have an sd card yet, does it need the internal memory for ram?

sorry for the bad spelling

Joe

Last edited:
i start havins similar problems if I play COD3 for a long time. When I try to go back to the main menu my screen also goes black. Doesn't happen to my other game (Marvel). My character, does not go off on his own. At what part does this happen to you?

It's never happened to me, either. There's been times where my guy looks down at the ground and spins in circles, but it's because I'm not paying attention to where my hands are.

oldschool said:
When I try to go back to the main menu my screen also goes black.

Happened to me about a week ago. Never happend again though

No that's the game itself. It happen to me with only CoD3... I think theres just a bug or something thats causing it. Just Unplug, and re-plug the power

joe.ford said:
Hello hope you can help

I've been playing call of duty 3 on the Wii, and for some strange reason the character suddenly runs off on his own accord starring at the sky. When he finally stops the game carries on normally, but if you try to quit out the game, and return back to the main menu, the system crashes!

Just a black screen no response from the controller, green light stays on the console, but the only thing I can do is hold down the power for 10 seconds, to turn it off.

it has the latest updates installed. I don't know if that is the cause

any ideas if this is a bad thing, or just a small glitch to live with?

It seems to happen when things get busy, I dont have an sd card yet, does it need the internal memory for ram?

sorry for the bad spelling

Joe

lol thats hilarious, somethin about a video game character just runnin off on his own to look at the sky makes me chuckle.

:) lol

bloody annoying tho,

gets beter through the game, when you have to defend the hill as the polish tank crew(mace I think), it just acts like counter strike with extreme lag!

well you see billy, some video game characters are just born different than the others, they want freedom, to explore, and to forget things like that they are supposed to respond to the controller, this is called ADD or ADHD and is perfectly normal for a character your age (launch)(i beleive it was launch) which is why I'm prescribing you a new environment to live in (farcry) this may alter the effect it is having on you billy. do you get what i was hinting at lol?

well you see billy, some video game characters are just born different than the others, they want freedom, to explore, and to forget things like that they are supposed to respond to the controller, this is called ADD or ADHD and is perfectly normal for a character your age (launch)(i beleive it was launch) which is why I'm prescribing you a new environment to live in (farcry) this may alter the effect it is having on you billy. do you get what i was hinting at lol?

hehe, billy... it's always some little kid named billy.

I have not experienced this phenomenon yet in COD3. Farcry, so far I've heard disappointing feedback on it, but not from any reliable sources. Mostly people whining about inferior graphics (the same people that don't realize Nintendo obviously is concerned with gameplay not graphics).

yea some people just need to buy 360s if they want better graphics, but anyway, i think farcry came out a couple days ago, I'd research it tho before you buy it cuz I personally haven't played it but that's what im getting for christmas along with zelda,madden and my wii of course.

the argument that people who are complaining about the graphics in far cry need to get a 360 is stupid. if you play far cry wii, youll soon learn that the complaints have little to do with the visual appeal of the game. its the fact that it runs at 20 frames per second, and lower. the game is a technical mess from that standpoint. i play perfect dark on the 64 all the time, im not concerned about pretty graphics. but at least that game ran at 30 fps most of the time. it has nothing to do with people complaining about the wii's lack of graphics power, it has everything to do wth ubisoft totally missing the ball on a chance to make a game that has great controls into a more playable experience. stop talking about the game until youve played it. then youll understand.

Back