No wonder why FarCry got bad ratings

ImageFX

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
7272-1660-6088-7760
So i decided to rent FarCry to see why it wasn't a big seller. FarCry was one of my all time favs for the PC. But for the Wii, it's pretty horrible.

Reasons:
1. Graphics (everyone knew this)
2. Guns don't shoot at a distance. With the handgun, you have to move fairly close to actually hit the person. I love handguns in FPS's and always use them for short and long distance shooting. Plus, they are great for "head shots", which brings me to No. 3.
3. Getting "head shots" is horrible! I aim right at the guys head while he's not looking from a distance and fire......nothing! Again, this brings me back to the distance thing. For a good head shot to be pulled off, you have to be closer than normal FPS games.
4. Back to graphics. In the beginning of the game, I was on a beach walking with nothing in sight. All of a sudden, there is a soldier in front of me!! So it's like older games where you can't even see the soldiers in the distance. They have to be close enough to you for them to appear. So distance graphics suck. And I know most of us would love you use a sniper rifle. But how do you use it at a distance when you don't even see anyone????
5. Aiming sucks. Call of Duty and Red Steel, when you press "A", it kinda zooms or helps you get better aim. This is not the case in FarCry. And to make it worse, the cross hairs turn red to indicate that you will hit the guy, BUT, many times I have hit the guy without the crosshairs on the soldier and it is still showing red!!! How do you hit someone with a bullet when you are aiming at the tree next to him?
6. Throwing grenades is annoying.
7. All the other things I can name but won't!!

I'm pissed that Ubisoft seemed to slack off on a premiere game when it came out on PC. Now for the Wii it just flat out sucks! Yet you look at other games like Red Steel. How in the hell did Ubisoft do so well for RedSteel and do soooo bad for FarCry.

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to blow off some steam.

I think Ubisoft should really have done better with their Wii games. Red Steel felt incomplete.

Still hoping for Reggie Fils Aime to announce that they've mysteriously got the rights to Goldeneye and have already installed online play on it...

...Well, we can but hope...

Man i agree with you bout Far Cry it looks like they just took it off the pc and just added the weak controls on just to make a very poor game. It seems like it was gonna be a good game but once u play it, it just makes you think if ubisoft is ever gonna have a good game out for the wii. Red Steel was good but it could of been better. UBISOFT needs to do something with the games they are making i noticed that they seem to just throw things together quick and get it out there.

The only thing i really don't like about RedSteel is the sword fighting. I really don't care for it at all. It's more annoying than fun imo. I still think it's pretty fun though without that.

I heard it's pretty bad.
I went for Call of Duty 3 instead.
and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Back