FarCry Vengance Reveiw

vagrant said:
I'm sorry you have shitty coordination. And no I could really care less if the graphics are super good. It's not online, I don't plan on playing the game over and over for years to come. It's a far cry game.
so you like pc because of the graphics and wii because of the controlls?

Unlesss you're getting both it's not the full experience

its not like you cant see what your doing in the game .. grass looks like grass trees look like trees. Ok so some things a fuzzy or bland in color .. in the end when guys are running at me shooting me in the face. I dont stop to look at a tree. At most last night when i was playing i did not even notice half the crap IGN was complaining about. After reading the review i popped in my Far cry for PC .. and yes with AA/AF turned on ith 1600x1200 game was amazing, turn it down to a normal setting. It looked better then the wii, but not a 4/10. This is one review i will ignore from IGN this time around.

I agree with IGN's rating. I played the game for about 30 minutes at a store. The AI is worse than awful. If you are too far from the enemy, you can't shoot him. I was shooting at 2 enemies standing next to each other with a pistol. reticule right on their noggin. If I didn't hit em, I know for damn sure bullets were whizzing by their head. Did they seem alarmed? no, they just stood there as if they didn't hear a gunshot and a bullets whizzing by their heads. One part where you are armed with a mounted machine gun (the huge ones) and enemies just ran out at you with pistols all gungho. Its almost as if its too easy to killed them if they run at you right in front of your face. Its impossible to die. The only way I could accomplish this was jyumping off a cliff. Jack Bauer would have survived

StevenNevets said:
so you like pc because of the graphics and wii because of the controlls?

Unlesss you're getting both it's not the full experience

Yes, and currently there is no way to get the full experience.

so i tried to go into this game guns blazing like i do for red steel but died much faster :mad2: i was too used to health fars refilling lol.

gotta be much sneakier and accurate in this game. the controls are alloooot better then red steel IMO and the in game graphics really are not bad. The cutscenes they made very GTA style. I'm not far into the game cause I got Elebits yesterday too but so far I like it.

shooting your second lefthand gun with your left hand is nice feeling.

holding A in this game locks the camera but you can still move with the joystick and point within that locked view without losing contrtol like in red steel, very nice feature when shooting several targets.

Back