Camera Memory card

Snozynoze

WiiChat Member
Mar 26, 2009
I am running into the following problem on the Wii photo program when attempting to use a new camera memory card.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/109/l_7634edcb55ff40c6aa21069f180d975c.jpg

I thought that was odd, because when i used a different memory card it works just fine.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/112/l_ade7de40df3a4c9e9c5557ab88e61abb.jpg

The memory cards are very simular, and the camera is the same. Here are the two memory cards.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/97/l_c5e31574829e4351b562fc4fb462edd8.jpg

Now, the one that is giving the message is the 4GB on the right, and the one on the left (2GB) works fine.

I don't really see any difference in the two other than the size.

Am i missing something? How can i be sure to buy a card in the future that works?

(sorry if this is in the wrong section. I am new to this forum)

SDHC which stands for SD high Capacity.

The Wii is not able to read SDHC cards.

Ac-tu-ally with the new update, it supports SDHC!

Also, make sure the lock tab isn't switched over.

Ac-tu-ally with the new update, it supports SDHC!

Also, make sure the lock tab isn't switched over.

Lock Tab?

Also, I think i have the new update downloaded (unless one happened that's very very recent)

If it doesn't work, am i missing something? Any idea on what the updated version is so i can check and see if it's what i have? (not a home so unable to include it in this reply)

It is indeed very recent.

And lock tabs are those little white things. Sandisk labels theirs better than Lexar, it seems.

Sandisk-SD-Ultra-II-Extreme-III-Card.jpg

Easy way to tell if you have the update:
There should be a little SD card symbol on the bottom left of the wii menu.

Got the new update, and it did work.

It did indeed set up a little SD symbol in the corner. What is that new symbol for?

Got the new update, and it did work.

It did indeed set up a little SD symbol in the corner. What is that new symbol for?

That is the Wii's new storage solution. It allows you to keep all your VC and WiiWare games on SD, and you can browse and launch them direct from the SD menu. You are also now able to download VC and WiiWare purchases directly to the SD, instead of downloading them to the internal memory, then copying them over to SD.

The games launched from SD are still copied into the Wii's internal memory and run from there. The SD channel just makes it a one-step process to copy and launch the games. I've observed that the last launched game stays resident in the internal storage until another game is launched (that is, if you play a game off SD, and then later come back and play that same game, without playing another game from the SD between the last play and your next play of said game, the copy process is not initiated, the game just launches right away).

Take note that some games do not support SDHC (mainly Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band 2 that have been the concerns so far). It's unknown if these games will be able to use some kind of patch to enable SDHC use (they use regular SD for storing downloaded songs).

Last edited:
That is the Wii's new storage solution. It allows you to keep all your VC and WiiWare games on SD, and you can browse and launch them direct from the SD menu. You are also now able to download VC and WiiWare purchases directly to the SD, instead of downloading them to the internal memory, then copying them over to SD.

The games launched from SD are still copied into the Wii's internal memory and run from there. The SD channel just makes it a one-step process to copy and launch the games. I've observed that the last launched game stays resident in the internal storage until another game is launched (that is, if you play a game off SD, and then later come back and play that same game, without playing another game from the SD between the last play and your next play of said game, the copy process is not initiated, the game just launches right away).

Take note that some games do not support SDHC (mainly Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band 2 that have been the concerns so far). It's unknown if these games will be able to use some kind of patch to enable SDHC use (they use regular SD for storing downloaded songs).

Thank you for the information. Thank you everyone that helped.
Problem solved, and information gained.

Hi, I am new here and this is my 1st post. Is there a reason my 16 Gig SDHC memory won't work. My 2 Gig cards work fine. I have the latest upgrade with the SD icon at the bottom. I am trying to show my pictures as a slide show. As I said, the 2 Gig works, the 16 Gig doesn't.

Hi, I am new here and this is my 1st post. Is there a reason my 16 Gig SDHC memory won't work. My 2 Gig cards work fine. I have the latest upgrade with the SD icon at the bottom. I am trying to show my pictures as a slide show. As I said, the 2 Gig works, the 16 Gig doesn't.
Have you had the latest Wii system update?

I always acceppt the latest upgrade which I have. Still my 16 Gig SDHC card does not display my photos as my 2 Gig cards do.

I don't think the Wii can handle the 16 Gig card yet. They just came out with an update that excepts the 4 Gig now as it didn't work before. Maybe in the future you will be able to use the 16 Gig.

Back