Can I use the new controller with Gamecube games

macmee

WiiChat Member
Nov 17, 2006
I love need for speed most wanted.

Can I use the new controller and methods of real movement with it for my Game cube games with the Wii? Or do I have to use the old boring controller?

Also: Does anyone know of a website with a list of games?

I have sol-y enough money JUST for a wii. Not for any games at all right now, Is it worth buying?
What can I do without games?

Nope, you can't use the GC controller for GC games. Wii comes with games - Wii Sports.

It comes with Wii Sports.
You play golf,bowling,boxing,and tennis.
:)

so i can use the wii remote with game cube and it comes with games?

No, you can not use the WiiMote to play your GC games :(.
But you can play Wii games on the Wii, and you can download old games on the Wii, but you have to use a "Classic Controller".
You can GC games on the Wii but you have to use your own GC controller.

oh.

is downloading even available right when the Wii comes out? And I have to use the GC controller for those too?

oh well.. it doesn't matter. ad least I'll get some use out of them :)

ok here wii can play:
1. Wii games
2. GC games
3. Downloaded games (NES, SNES, N64 and more

1. Wii games have the abbility to use the wiimote and possibly (nothing confirmed yet) gamecube controllers, mainly the wiimotes motion features.

2. gamecube games with the gamecube controller there are ports on the top for 4 GC controller slots, and there is two slots for GC mem cards...

3. downloaded games from the wiishop channel where you BUY older games with wiipoint cards you get from stores or with a credit card through the nintendo wii, and you can only play these games with the classic controller

i hope this helps settle some confusion

:yikes: EDIT
forgot, the ability to download games for the virtual console part of the wii (via the wiishop channel) IS available at launch according to nintendo there will be i think 12 games? dont remember how many were available at launch coming with more in december

ppfft! what? pay for the downloadable games??

rip
off

how much will they be :(?

Back