Can Someone Help Me Buy a TV

FWELR

Bonds Passes Hank 8/7/07
Feb 17, 2007
California
Wii Online Code
5926-3597-6847-7270
Hey, I'm looking for the best deal on a 42" LCD TV with 1080p capable, hopefully with DVI ports on it. Other requirements would include:

Contrast Ratio: at least 1000:1
Coaxial Audio
a couple HDMI ports, obviously
built in HDTV tuner
will be able to connect to cable box

I'm trying to spend <$1100.

Here's the best I have so far: http://electronics.pricegrabber.com/plasma-lcd-televisions/m/55785978/details/st=product_tab/

Unfortunately, it has VGA instead of DVI. Also, the response time is 8ms. That would be my minimum.

Also saw this one. It's pretty beastly as well, freaking love the contrast ratio, but its really up there as far my max price range (and by that I mean how much my parents will splurge on me), plus I'm a little iffy on the store.

Can you guys help me out?

Get a projector. I just ordered mine tonight. :D

42"? Try 92", for under $800.

That said... you've already figured out PriceGrabber. What I'd do is poke around on sites like J&R and Crutchfield that let you get really specific with your specs (but don't necessarily have the best prices). Then once you have a model, hunt it down with PG.

sremick said:
Get a projector. I just ordered mine tonight. :D

42"? Try 92", for under $800.

That said... you've already figured out PriceGrabber. What I'd do is poke around on sites like J&R and Crutchfield that let you get really specific with your specs (but don't necessarily have the best prices). Then once you have a model, hunt it down with PG.
What projector? Sounds pretty nice... if I can find the space, lol.

The Mitsubishi HC1500. It's the golden-boy of sub-$1000 projectors right now. Although the HC3000 is falling in price and can be had for just under $1000. The HC1500 is more than enough for most people though and is even cheaper.

I got my HC1500 from Amazon.

Remember: with projectors, it's bring-your-own-soundsystem. I already have surround-sound though so that's not an issue.

BenQ has also made the ideal sub-$1K projector at times, so it's worth keeping an eye on their model line if you're not buying immediately.

Back