Can the Wii Controllers work with NES, SNES and 64 games?

-KB said:
there is no way you can get me to buy all those extra controllers. 2 wiimotes and 2 nunchucks will be enough for my house. all of my friends will have there own anyways.

Going off of this, what controllers come with the console? Do both of these come with the console as "one controller"? http://digital-lifestyles.info/copy_images/nintendo-wii-lg1.jpg

Or do you have to buy the joystick one seperate (noob question)

- Scythe

Scyther said:
Going off of this, what controllers come with the console? Do both of these come with the console as "one controller"? Or do you have to buy the joystick one seperate (noob question)

- Scythe

Im almost 100% sure that the nintendo wii console comes with 1 wiimote w/ nunchuk attachement. It would make the customers angry if they bought the system and a game like zelda (that uses the nunchuk) without knowing that they also had to buy a seperate piece of hardware. As for the retro controller ... im not sure, some people say that it has to come with the system since you can access the old games from the start ... but we won't know until more info is released or until the system acctually releases.

Only 3-4 months!! (...maybe)

yes,u can use the wiimote for vc but i think it will b best to get the vc controllers

ninjade said:
dude there are so many attachments to the damn wiimote hhaa

On the upside, I haven't actually seen a game yet where I need the attachments, they may add something but you don't need them to play e.g. the gun attachment only lets you hold it like a gun, the trigger still pushes the Z button or whatever the fire button is. You get them if you want them, Nintendo isn't forcing you to to play the games :p

Is their any possibility of Nintendo releasing a N64-styled controller for the Wii? Or is there a N64 to Gamecube adapter one could purchase to use your N64 controllers with a Wii?

CaseyCor said:
Is their any possibility of Nintendo releasing a N64-styled controller for the Wii? Or is there a N64 to Gamecube adapter one could purchase to use your N64 controllers with a Wii?

I remember seeing mock ups of something you slotted yout wiimote into to make it N64 ish although that may have been an early impression thing.

linkzeldagame said:
Arcadium, I am sick of you posting at least one sentence response just so that you can get a high score of replies under your profile. Numbers don't mean anything - only the responses do! And I would like the bloody avatar removed since it just fills alot of space on the internet site. Hence the reason I don't have an avatar.

Scyther, in response to your query, the virtual controllers work with the older games. The wiimote does not work with the old games unfortuantely. I was looking forward to seeing and experiencing a new controller input for the old games as i'm so used to buttons and joysticks. Will have to use them again for the virtual games.

That was the stuipest post i've read in a few days.

Alright, just for the record, by turning the wiimote on it's side, Nintendo has stated you will be able to play NES and SNES games. However, if you want to play N64 games, you'll need the Classic Controller because the N64 controller had an anolog stick and the wiimote doesn't have one.

I really hope Nintendo allows you to use GC controllers for VC games; that was a great controller.

linkzeldagame said:
Arcadium, I am sick of you posting at least one sentence response just so that you can get a high score of replies under your profile. Numbers don't mean anything - only the responses do! And I would like the bloody avatar removed since it just fills alot of space on the internet site. Hence the reason I don't have an avatar.

Scyther, in response to your query, the virtual controllers work with the older games. The wiimote does not work with the old games unfortuantely. I was looking forward to seeing and experiencing a new controller input for the old games as i'm so used to buttons and joysticks. Will have to use them again for the virtual games.

On the contrary... Wiimote will be able to play NES games... but as for SNES you'll want either the 'retro' controler, or the Gamecube controler... ...everything else: Gamecube... (Exept Duck hunt...:) Duck hunt will use the new lightgun)

......I seriously can't wait for the WII...

Back