Can't register Wii friends

Randofu

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2006
OK, my wireless seems to work perfectly. I can connect to the Wii shop and download stuff, and I can download updates and do connection tests successfully.

I've added four friends, one of which is my own e-mail address. I'm sure that my friends have added me and that we have all entered the numbers correctly. However, they have not been registered successfully. Moreover, I never received an e-mail requesting a friend registration for my own e-mail address.

Do I need some ports open or something? I'm so confused. I don't know why that one particular feature would not be working. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know the solution?

since your connected there shouldnt be any problem. your email might have a spam blocker or something-but your other friends Wiis shouldn't :(
i got my email to myself right away, as did my roommate.

maybe your parental settings are fecked? idk...

No, my parental controls are turned off. I know, it's extremely weird.

Case sensitive...

Be sure to check the spelling of yours and you friends "Wii user nicknames", and it might be case sensitive, aswell reset your wii just incase...
Good luck
MO

Umm... User nicknames? I thought that was just something we assigned to their Wii code. Does it have to match their console name or something? I didn't know that there was a place to put that in... Are you sure that's right (because that's not how it works on the DS)? Oh, and using friend codes on the DS works fine for me.

Can someone check to see what URL their Wii contacts when they register an e-mail address? That might help me debug some stuff.

Also, is 2.0U the latest version of the Wii system? It says it in the settings menu...

The first registration I did with another Wii user took about 10-15 minutes to take and we both registered each other at the same time. On the other hand, when I registered my home e-mail address I got the e-mail on my PC almost immediately, replied and the registration was active almost immediately.

I'm sure it's not just an issue of time... I've been trying to register people since the 19th!

I talked to a Nintendo representative this morning... He basically told me that they didn't know what the problem was, and that they didn't know what error code 75512 (which I had been getting) was. How do they not know that? He basically told me that I should wait a day or so to give it time to take effect, but I've waited 6 days already... :p

I think something is screwed up with my Wii, so I guess I'll be sending it in some time soon to get it repaired.

Same problem here

maaaaaan I got the same weird problem, can do wii shopping, download updates and the test are successful, but can't complete a Wii Friend registration. It's seems as the WiiConnect24 service is not working or something is blocking him, maybe it mi router i don't now. Have you fix the problem?

you guys should get this taken care of as fast as possible. as consoles only have 3 month warranty! Take advantage of it before it breaks even more

my wii won't request wii console addition

yea same as me somebody added me and i added them like 10 min after him and ive been waiting about 2 hours now and it still hasn't sent a request im goin to try my email in a min but i wanted to start mingling right away any suggestions

my wii does the exact same thing.....now these usernames...how do you know yours...is it your console nickname...because that could be my problem

intekmdma said:
you guys should get this taken care of as fast as possible. as consoles only have 3 month warranty! Take advantage of it before it breaks even more
the nintendo has a 1 year warentee and if you register it, you get an extra 3 months

Back