Can't register Wii friends

one year warranty? I thought it was 3 month's. That's how regular consoles are.. can someone confirm this information?

On IGN they said sometimes they would have to wait a full night for there friend requests to be complete. They probably arent ready for this amount thus why they have a limit on how many requests you can send a day.

has anyone come up with a solution to this yet??

thanks

I don't think there is one. Nintendo shipped me a new Wii to replace the old one.

Sorry. :( If it makes you feel better, they do it very quickly.

Same problem, no answers ><

I too am having that problem. Whenever I try to reach the news channel, it says i have to perform an update, but i have all updates. . It also states when service is available. Maybe this service isn't available yet. . .

humm, ive been having the same problem and have not been able to find a fix for it, i can go online with my wii, Forcast Channel, Wii Shop, Opera Browser all work fine, i have Wii 24 connect on and also standby connection.
I managed to get 2 email addreses registerd one of those being my own email addy, i can send myself an email and it goes through within 1 min, but when i reply to the email i sent my self i never get it on my Wii.

I have also tryed putting my Wii's IP addy into the DMZ in my router and that made no difference, ive also turned off all of the firewall settings in the router and once again it made no difference.

I really hope that their is a fix for this somewhere because i would like to be able to get some email other then the ordinary wii console messages

My wireless router that i have is a Dlink DSL-G604T - latest firmware

If any of you have encounted this problem and have been able to fix it please tell us all how you fixed it

Thanks

Allan

Hello out there...

I've tried to add several wii friends with no success. I am able to send and receive email, but my wii friend registrations just aren't taking. Not sure if it's because the people I'm trying to add aren't doing the right thing, etc.

Please try to add me as a Wii friend to see if there's something with our/my console.

Here's my number

7984 6009 7539 6660

same problem here........flying like a bat outta hell online, but cant register friends. i KNOW the console nickname has nothing to do with it, thats just so YOU know who everyone is............got a buddy who has friends and they dont have to match their nick to the console nick.

Hey Darkfire,
I figured out what the problem is...

Adding Wii friends is kind of mismanaged by wii. :cryin: the only way to successfully do it is if both parties add each other. :incazzato: And there is no notification sent if someone adds you. For example, if I add your wii # to my address book, you will not become my friend until you add my wii #, and you will not be notified that I added your #. :mad2:

That being said, add me, I'll add you: :hand:

7984 6009 7539 6660

Darn

There is no relationship between the wii number and the wii user-name. The user-name is what you assign to that particular wii number, so it can be anything.

Al Sharpton doesn't wash his hands after he uses the bathroom...go figure.

Back