chick chick BOOM - our first WiiWare game

Denis

WiiChat Member
Oct 8, 2010
Hi,

I am a member of the game development team tons of bits based in Germany and we recently finished our first WiiWare game chick chick BOOM. The game is at Nintendo for the final check now :)

I hope it's ok to post this thread here (i asked before and got some positive feedback)...

We want to use this thread for introducing the game and creating a platform where users can ask questions about the game. I will check the thread frequently and reply. I hope it will create interest to have a direct connection between developers and users.

Let's start with a general info and description about the game...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: chick chick BOOM
Platform: WiiWare
Release Date Europe: 29th October 2010
Price Europe: 800 Nintendo Points
Release Date North America: hopefully 4th quarter 2010 - not final
Price North America: TBD
Official Website: http://www.chickchickboom.com

ccb_visual_01.jpg

Description of Gameplay:

In chick chick BOOM two chick teams compete against each other in an arena. There are 5 chicks on each side. A round ends when one team loses all of its chicks.

Attack and defense are the core elements of the game.

The attacking team has the choice between 3 basic attacks (bomb, weight, plant), a lightning-attack (only available when a dark cloud appears) and a special attack which depends on the arena played (UFO in City, Sea Monster in Ship, Ghost in Haunted Wood).

Furthermore each attack can be powered up with 2 different upgrades (e.g. the highest upgrade for the weight generates a giant Sumo Chick, which will jump twice on the opponent's chicks).

In total there are 7 attack types, each having 2 upgrades, resulting in 21 different attacks.

Another core element of chick chick BOOM is the defense. You defend by drawing lines directly in the arena. It works intuitive and logical. For example, when a weight falls from the sky, you can draw a horizontal line above your chicks, this way the weight falls on the line and is blocked. Since the chicks collide with the line too, you can block them as well. For instance, you can draw a vertical line in the arena. This way you can keep your chicks away from dangerous areas. Moreover, the same line feature can also be used to sabotage the opponent’s defense by blocking his line with yours.

There are also additional features, like for example the Corncobman and the Piñata. Corncobman is a big corncob, passing by in the background. You can shoot his kernels off; your chicks will eat them and get healed. You can also shoot on the Piñata, which appears from time to time. If you can pull it on your side, you will get useful bonuses, e.g. line upgrades, chick upgrades and distortions of enemy attack interface.

All these features together, especially the permanently jumping chicks and freely drawn lines generate a dynamic game play, which is creating new situations and reactions over and over again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features:

• Single- and Multiplayer: 1-4 (coop or against each other - in all variations, for example 2 vs 1)
• Offensive Moves: more than 20 entertaining attacks
• 3 Arenas: City, Ship and Haunted Wood
• 15 Teams: 5 available immediately and 10 others to unlock
• 3 Game Modes: Duel Mode, Time Mode, Pro Mode
• Tutorial
• Records: Your best scores will be saved… for you to beat

Ok, that's it for now :) If you have any questions or comments just shoot away, i will be more than happy to answer them.

On the website available: videos, screenshots and more information!

scr_02.jpg

scr_05.jpg

scr_09.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great honestly, will definitely keep my eye on it once it hits WiiWare. Best of luck with sales and reception!

Thanks a lot! We will keep you up to date in this thread ;)

The price is not final yet, but it could be something in the middle range...

Do you mind if I guess the price is it $60.52 so did I win the price is right on wii ware/hardware

Do you mind if I guess the price is it $60.52 so did I win the price is right on wii ware/hardware
crazy::Yes you Won!!!! Woohooo parades & parties for everyone heres a big whopping Wii points Cards for 20.00 Whole dollars!!!! 2000 wii points!!!!

logical:No cuz wiiware is software since you download it. & $60.52, wiiware is only 15.00 at most i believe.

Last edited:
Yay!

We finally got the information out the release date and the price :)

Release Date Europe: 29th October 2010
Price Europe: 800 Nintendo Points
Release Date North America: hopefully 4th quarter 2010 - not final
Price North America: TBD

And we have another ingame video online showing the Ship arena:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0WinONjmXY

scr_05.jpg

The video is also available on the official website ;)

chick chick BOOM!
Out now in Europe and Australia -> WiiShop // 800 Nintendo Points :)

ccb_visual_02.jpg

Sorry, but we are not allowed to talk about this ;)

The great moment has come: our advent calendar Mission in Snowdriftland celebrates its comeback!!!

mis_banner.gif

Chubby returns with Mission in Snowdriftland.
Look forward to an advent calendar with 24 levels of Jump n Fun.

On December 01 the adventure will start again ;)

More details: http://www.tons-of-bits.com

Last edited:
Back