Classic Controller Secret Button?

Masterchip Database

Wii60 beliver
Dec 16, 2006
Orlando, Florida
For those of you who have the Classic Controller, did you notice the triangle button on the back of the controller that releases the slots?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...ec61aed89-9857F2F3-C09F-3E62-0578362A898FF268

The article is old, but I assure you the button is still there. Here is an excerpt from the article:
There is a mysterious clip on the back of it which points to the ability to snap the classic controller in or on something. There was no evidence to say that the actual remote would go there. When questioned, the representative said, "It's a secret."

Any theroies?

interesting i forgot all about that thing, anyone know? i dont have a classic controller YET my mom has it but wont lemme open it till christmas

Well as is now, only VC games support the classic controller. I haven't seen any Wii games that use the classic controller. I guess they could use the classic if they made a wii game for it but why when you have the wiimote motion sensing.

Probably for a Microphone. Look at Mario Party for the GC. This is Nintendo. So expect something original later. Maybe a dagger attachment?

ocdan said:
WoH
World of Hyrule!
Do you realize how much that would suck? There'd be roughly 2,000,000 Links running around. They'd form some kind of sick Link rainbow; it'd be like Halloween at a gay bar.

The "button" simply activates the clipping mechanism on the backside of the controller; it has no gameplay/interactive value (i.e. the Wii doesn't register that the button is pressed, it's simply mechanical).

However, the question does remain of what it's meant to clip the Virtual Controller to. Some speculate that it's "left over" from when it was going to be a "shell" instead of connected via cable; however, this is not accurate as in no point in the development cycle was it a clip-on product, it was originallly going to be a shell, then they went with the cord (which I prefer).

The most plausable theory is that it is for use to be attached to a rumble pack that may be released in the future. It really is a mystery, though, as it's just a physical clip - there is no data recepticle.

Wii will see... :)

B.E.D.

Very smart nintendo :D Leaving space for more accessories and new things for us consumers to play with :D

The Wii remote also has little slots along the sides with a deeper indentation near the top of the slot. That's perfect for sliding something on it and snapping into place. (Perhaps the prototype gun attachment shown back at E3?)

no man u guys got it all wrong...the lil hole is so that u can feed the controller...and when the wii's blue light starts blinking brown..that means the classic remote is gonna **** outta there...the manual CLEARLY states that...jesus ppl! start reading!!

Back