An answer to what the slots on the back of the Classic Controller are

Oceanic

The Cake is a Lie
Jan 4, 2007
Australia
I think we're all tired of hearing what the questions about what the slots on the back of the classic controller are for, or what the button on the top is for.

Finally we have an answer.

NYKO are planning on releasing a new accesory which makes use of the clips, attaching the CC to the wii remote and making the CC easier to hold.

Article is here

That was real? The whole Wiimote/Classic fusion? I honestly thought it was a joke.

not worth it, whose going to take the time to wrap it around, and clip on, and clip again. Besides it messes up the wire, and looks weird. Plus the wiimote hock could scratch it up.

sorry nyko not this time.:hand:

theONE said:
That was real? The whole Wiimote/Classic fusion? I honestly thought it was a joke.

If its on IGN, Nintendo.com, engadet, or gamespot its not fake.

edit: its not a fusion, just a little way to make extra money so that the wiimote dosent "dangle" off your classic controler, fact be told i use gamecube. I dont like any of the sega or turbographix16 games. Nintendo ownz all.

This is stupid. Why doesnt the Classic controller just come with one of these? Its almost required.

this is a stupid accessory... $15 for a handle to a controller we already paid 20 for?

im not buying it... i would use one, but 15 is way too much for a plastic clip on a $20 controller

I find no point for the CC to Wiimote bracket, I really haven't found a use for owning a CC, I mean, look at the controller, it looks like a copy of a PS1~3 controller (except the controller shape and button lables, and there are onle one L and R button), i can see the left control stick being used, but the right one? I don't think so, maybe for an N64 game, but even that is secptical, I have been able to play ALL the VC games I downloaded to date using either the Wiimote (required for normal console use, comes with console), or the gamecube controller (required for gamecube games), and since both are required for the Wii anyway, and the CC isn't required, why spend money on something that only works for games from VC? Now the only use I can find for a CC is better use of the D-Pad, the gamecube controller's D-Pad is small and placed underneath the control stick, so my thumb automatically lands on the control stick, and i find the old side scroller games harder to play with a control stick, but my thumb feels akward on the D-Pad, which on the CC, the D-Pad is in the perfect area to play the side scrollers, but the CC is still kinda pricey just to feel comfortable during playing the game, and if I were to use a CC, I think it's better that the Wii-mote be laying on the floor rather than connected to a bracket adding weight to the CC

Long story short, there is no point for a bracket like that

Back