Classic Controller Secret Button?

I've been wondering what the clip is for ever since I got the classic controller earlier this week. Someone told me that the Wii remote clipped onto the back of the classic controller, but I was dubious. And it obviously turned out to be incorrect, so I was right to be dubious.

But I have no idea why the clip is there. Maybe it is just there so we can ask why it is there...

NeMeZyZ said:
no man u guys got it all wrong...the lil hole is so that u can feed the controller...and when the wii's blue light starts blinking brown..that means the classic remote is gonna **** outta there...the manual CLEARLY states that...jesus ppl! start reading!!

LoL if this was true the wii would be a messy f****r lol

blanchedevereaux said:
The "button" simply activates the clipping mechanism on the backside of the controller; it has no gameplay/interactive value (i.e. the Wii doesn't register that the button is pressed, it's simply mechanical).

However, the question does remain of what it's meant to clip the Virtual Controller to. Some speculate that it's "left over" from when it was going to be a "shell" instead of connected via cable; however, this is not accurate as in no point in the development cycle was it a clip-on product, it was originallly going to be a shell, then they went with the cord (which I prefer).

The most plausable theory is that it is for use to be attached to a rumble pack that may be released in the future. It really is a mystery, though, as it's just a physical clip - there is no data recepticle.

Wii will see... :)

B.E.D.

NO DUH!! TELL US SOMETHING WE DONT KNOW SMART *SS

NeMeZyZ said:
no man u guys got it all wrong...the lil hole is so that u can feed the controller...and when the wii's blue light starts blinking brown..that means the classic remote is gonna **** outta there...the manual CLEARLY states that...jesus ppl! start reading!!
Dude that is so f***n funny. teh hole was if sum guy with a super small d*ck wanted 2 jack off. thats on the next page of the maual smart a**! start reading to the end!!

Wii_would_like_to_play said:
NO DUH!! TELL US SOMETHING WE DONT KNOW SMART *SS

I'm terribly sorry, did I interrupt your little Tourretes fit by actually contributing to the discussion and the original posting, instead of making pithy comments in all capital letters, thinking it makes you somehow have a point?

There seem to be some people who believe this "button", besides activating the clip, also had some sort of gameplay possibility. I was simply pointing out that it's just a physical clip, and whatever it clips on to is not able to send data through it.

I'm sorry if I used too many words for you, or scared you with my appropriate use of grammar and punctuation. You may continue with your little fit now.

Have a great day,

B.E.D.

Back