Cleaning the Wii

hal2814

WiiChat Member
Jan 9, 2008
Does anyone have any tips on giving the Wii a good and thorough cleaning? I bought mine used and it was a good deal but it was filthy. For the deal I got on it, I'm not complaining. I guess the previous owner smoked and/or had indoor pets. Everything works just fine (after cleaning the nunchuk connectors with alcohol and a toothbrush) but there's still grime in some nooks and crannies and I'd like to get it looking nicer.

If you don't have a problem with taking the wii apart I'd do that and give the inside a nice cleaning with some rubbing alcohol. If you don't want to take it apart, I'd say try to blow the dust and grime out with a can of compressed air.

I'm sure this wouldn't be recommended for the inside but I use this stuff to clean the outside of all my gaming consoles and controllers.
31D6S5TXMAL._AA248_.jpg

It's normally marketed as a car interior cleaner but It works wonders for anything plastic.

I just spray the foam onto a paper towel, wipe my consoles and controllers and it lifts all the grime they may have right off.

Back