component cable for Wii

infamous

Gunshine state res
May 20, 2007
FL
is it worth getting? I heard it will only output progressive through these cables. Is there a huge difference between 480p and 480i? I own an HD set.

In terms of picture then you will notice a difference, the picture will appear sharper with slightly more definition, the colours are also be more vibrant.

If you have a spare 17-20 quid sitting around that you dont need for anything else then its worth buying, but its not really a priority purchase as the wii looks fine without it.

Yeah I bought one and the difference was extremely slight on my 42" plasma display, kinda regret buying it now :( It seems like the games are the same and the menus look slightly better IMO

yeah i noticed the menus being a bit sharper, and the color is more vibrant. I dont regret the purchase.

I bought cables from Meritline. They're only $9.99 and that includes shipping. How is that possible when other component cables are five times that much? I didn't receive the chance to test them out so they may be lower quality because it seems to good too be true.

Last edited:
I have the "nintendo" brand ones also. The thing that really sucks is that they are all stuck together (audio and video) so when I plug the video cables into the back of my HDTV the audio cables wont reach my 5.1 reciever/amp. Theres no way to separate them!!

Free Wiily said:
I have the "nintendo" brand ones also. The thing that really sucks is that they are all stuck together (audio and video) so when I plug the video cables into the back of my HDTV the audio cables wont reach my 5.1 reciever/amp. Theres no way to separate them!!

i had a similar problem. you can buy an audio coupler though to make your own extension cord. Radioshack sells them for like $1-2.

Component cable delivers sharper and contrastier picture, as the result, your can clearly see the jaggies on the graphics. These jaggies were smooth out buy the limited bandwidth of the included composite cable, and it's an old trick used by most last generation consoles to smooth out jaggies rather than do it correctly on the hardware or software.

i like contrastier picture!! it makes them jaggies go bye bye!! thanks chao!!!

Back