Connect Wii to 5.1 sound system

rtr1900

Wii or not to Wii
Nov 30, 2006
Spain
Wii Online Code
3085-1225-3534-6165
Can you connect the Wii to the 5.1 sound system?
IS it just plugging the two phone-plugs into the speakersystem? Or do you need to buy a converter or something like it?

thx

Plug your composite left and right (white & red) into your receiver. Make sure you set your Wii, the games & your receiver to Dolby Pro Logic II Movie. Just Pro Logic won't cut it.

Thx you all. I will try it this afternoon!!!!!
This must be cool, getting the sound around me... yes yes yes

Yes, I have a ProLogic II system that works great thus far. Its not TRUE 5.1 surround but simulated very well I think. It definetly adds to the game.

Apperantly I really need to get a decoder. I'm getting ready to switch to a Macbook, and I'll be using the optical out (once I get a decoder), I'll just have to make sure and get one that can support my Wii too.

registerednerd said:
Apperantly I really need to get a decoder. I'm getting ready to switch to a Macbook, and I'll be using the optical out (once I get a decoder), I'll just have to make sure and get one that can support my Wii too.

Yeppers, Anything that will do Dolby Digital will most likely decode Pro Logic II maybe even Pro Logic IIx

PLII certainly helps. mos tnew and even older receiver will decode it. so maybe some of you can pick up a cheap recevier.

SukhKular said:
Plug your composite left and right (white & red) into your receiver. Make sure you set your Wii, the games & your receiver to Dolby Pro Logic II Movie. Just Pro Logic won't cut it.

where do you set this? in the wii settings or?

Can I just plug the red/white audio plugs in the back of the TV? or do I have to plug them directly into the DVD player that my surround sound is hooked up too? Don't they essentially do the same since the TV is connected to the DVD player?

jeffyjaixx said:
Oh alright, when you mean setting PL in wii do you mean in the wii settings > sound > surround?

Yes surround is what you want.

Wii-bert said:
Can I just plug the red/white audio plugs in the back of the TV? or do I have to plug them directly into the DVD player that my surround sound is hooked up too? Don't they essentially do the same since the TV is connected to the DVD player?

No because your tv wont decode the PLII and pass it along to the DVD Player. You wan tit to go into your dvd player if it can decode PLII

Back