Connection speed ?

jared19

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2007
Wii Online Code
2192-4083-8192-7034
Hey guys. Will 300-550 kps cut it for online play. Im sharing a wireless connection and thats all I can get. Will I lag to bad to enjoy online play?

kilobits per second

jared19 said:
kilobits per second
300-550 kilobits per second is definately not enough to be playing online, or even doing anything online for that matter.
It is equivalent to a download speed of about 30-70 kb/s.
No good, you will definately lag, and you will definately need new, faster internet.

What would u recomend? I had quicker internet when I was at home but I got married :p I play a multiplayer paintball game on the pc but I dont lag. But I guess playing more complex games will cause me problems

As for a provider, that depends on what country/area you live in.
But as far as speed goes. I would reccomend atleast a 5mbps(5 megabit per second) connection.

wow. Thats a pretty quick connection. U talking like 60 plus a month>? I got like 1 mbps at home and played halo 2 online with ease

Last edited:
jared19 said:
wow. Thats a pretty quick connection. U talking like 60 plus a month>? I got like 1 mbps at home and played halo 2 online with ease
I have a 6mbps connection, and it is just under $50 a month.
But, it does depend on your location i guess.
On second thought, maybe a 5mpbs connection isn't nessesary.
atleast 3mpbs will do just fine, and shouldn't cost you much.

wow if you think thats a requirment you need to avoid rural areas BADLY they charge an arm and a leg for poor service, many downtimes, and slow speeds

heck 384kbps will run you $40 they offer up to 5mbps imagine how much that costs.
10 meg is on the way but they only raise prices of old services or remove them completly trying to force you onto the faster more expensive speeds *right now they removing the 384kbps service and giving everyone a free upgrade to 3 meg but will up the price in a years time. leaving you with only three choices, dial-up, pay more or no internet*

I dont know if anyone offers that speed here. when noone else is online, I get 1.2 mb per second. Still not near 3 mb :(

I have 576 kilobits a second and its perfectly fine for online play.
Get about 60kb/s on download rate and ive been playing online games for years with no lag at all. Don't listen to Prez, stick with what you got.

Hell i even used to play an mmorpg with 56k dialup with hardly any lag at all...

not needed i used to play all games online with 512 and no lag, hell i even used to use 56k with almost unbearbale lag but in game with online a few people it was fine, i have 1.5mbs and i play everything no lag, wow with 1000 people online and no lag so thats all you need anyway fastest here is adsl2 which is 24000 kbs and $60 a month

Glad to see im not alone. Like I said earlier, I played HALO 2 w/o lag on x-box live with about 700-1mb. I hope u all are right

Back