Controller Decision Help - VC & SSBB

chuccck

Wii Fitness Age: 22
Jan 16, 2008
Memphis
Wii Online Code
2295-5812-4746-3096
I was wondering if you guys could help me out with what controllers to buy next so I can have the proper config for all the games I want to play.

Right now I already have 2 remotes & nunchucks, and one old gamecube controller. I LOVE playing some N64 games on the Virtual Console, and would like to eventually be able to play 4 players on Mario Kart 64, pluse some other random SNES & SEGA games.

Also, I will be getting SSBB (already reserved it at Gamestop) and will want to be able to play 4 wide there too. I had heard that the default controller for SSBB will be the classic controller.

My questions are these:

will the gamecube controller work for SSBB?

What controller do you need for playing sega and super nintendo games?

chuccck said:
My questions are these:

will the gamecube controller work for SSBB?

What controller do you need for playing sega and super nintendo games?

GC controllers won't work for Wii game discs. (edit - 97% of the time)

Your GC controller will work for sega and super nintendo downloads but I recommend the classic controller as it's shaped like a super nintendo controller.

skidmarx said:
I'm not sure what the edit is supposed to mean, but the first sentence is wrong. Gamecube controllers are fully compatible with Brawl, as shown on the Smash Bros Dojo site.

skidmarx said:

Your GC controller will work for sega and super nintendo downloads but I recommend the classic controller as it's shaped like a super nintendo controller.
Brawl is an exception.

Ninty made it compatible with the following control schemes:

> Wiimote and nunchuck
> Wiimote
> VC controller
> GC controller

Thanks guys. Here is what I think i will do.

Keep the GC controller and and buy one classic. I will wait and see how the nunchuck and remote work with SSBB.

Thanks fellas!

Oh I knew there were exceptions I just forgot Brawl was one of them. Duh! :crazy:

I can't for Brawl! Too bad it comes out same week i have to take the Series 7!!!!

chuccck said:
Thanks guys. Here is what I think i will do.

Keep the GC controller and and buy one classic. I will wait and see how the nunchuck and remote work with SSBB.

Thanks fellas!
the classic controller plugs into the back of the wii-mote, so you won't be able to have 4 unless you either buy another wii-mote/classic controller or buy another GC controller, if i were you, get a gc just cuz it's cheaper.

OH! I didn't know they plug into the remotes! I thought... well I guess i didnt think that through. Thanks!

The classic controller is good for SNES games and the GC controller is terrible for them. I bought Super Mario World before getting a classic controller. In order to run and jump, I had to put my right index finger on Y and jump with B. Not exactly comfortable and actually started to hurt the side of my index finger after a little while. If you are going to buy GC controllers, make sure you get wavebirds. Being wireless for so long now makes it hard to be plugged in.

The classic controller is a MUST for VC games!Gamecube controllers just don't work properly.The button configuration is awful for the most of games.

How much are the wavebirds?

I have one game cube controller now and I will pick up the classic tonight. I have been playing Orcania of Time with the Gamecube controller and i had to pull the Wii all the way out onto my coffee table to play while sitting down! I will see how the classic works out tonight and let you guys know.

Back