Could Sony or Microsoft copy Wii controller

Sony already found their niche in the industry with the Sixaxis and from what I'm seeing, it's working out well with them so, no Sonyt won't be venturing much further than that. On the other hand, Microsoft is rumored to be working on a new controller. So, it seems M$ is trying to get a piece of the next-gen controller action since they jumped the gun a bit with the 360.

linkzeldagame said:
Yeah and its unimaginably awkward to control motion sensing with the ps controller. It wasn't designed to be moved so why add the motion sensor to it. I swear it will give you CPS or sore wrists.

Well it wouldm't be bad for racing games but that's it.

GreyKirby said:
And the wii has a Nunchuku with an analogue stick ;)

But the PS3 has TWO anologue sticks and a D pad.

Wii only has ONE anologue, which is basically required if you want to move in a game:crazy:

slurba said:
But the PS3 has TWO anologue sticks and a D pad.

Wii only has ONE anologue, which is basically required if you want to move in a game:crazy:

Why even compare the two? The PS3 romps the **** out of the Wii in raw power and technology but the Wii accells in inovation and control. It's comparing apples to oranges people. Deal with it.

in touch with the wii said:
hate the idea of those fusion guys having new motion controllers for the computer and other consoles its just not right

Meh itll be forgotten, it just wont get the support as its not standard. Developers pretty much have to use the wiimote for control as its is the only control the majority of people will have to play games with. People arent willing to shell out for controllers they just wont use and it will show.

I find a lot of people are like myself in that they wont buy non official products either, Ive owned one 3rd party controller and hated it.

I'm going to prove Big_Mill's point here: I won't buy third-party products either. Generally, they don't hold themselves to the same standard of quality that's demanded of the First-Party and it shows.

I dont mind if people copy it, it means then both companies will make better products and sell them cheaper therefore the consumers win. YAY!

Just wondering how would third party companies, like MadCatz, make a wii controler? I've seen madcatz 360 controller, but I imagine I would stick strictly with nintendo controllers only

Back