Wii Win!!! Now what Sony and Microsoft ?

Macmutt

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
Well here it is a year later and the Nintendo Wii is still the most hard to find, sought after piece of hardware the whole year through.
While 360's and PS3's have had alot of time to sit on store shelves and collect dust, to this very day the Nintendo Wii sells out almost immediately after it arrives in any store.
Sales continue to double that of Microsoft and triple that of Sony, well so much for Sony's last years statement of the "new gimmicky control scheme" on the Wii, now only recently since Sony offered the newly released cheaper 40gig version of the PS3 have their sales begun to increase, and a similar increase also took place for Microsoft with the release of Halo 3.
However it's not just game releases that drive Nintendo's sales through the roof it's also the new gaming experience from the hardware itself as well as the majority of exclusives belonging to Nintendo and now with Super Mario Galaxy being listed on Gamerankings.com and by mags and sites everywhere as the worlds highest rated game to date the Wii's sales will be thrusted above and beyond all over again, if it's even possible for them to get any higher then they are, take that Sony and Microsoft.

Last edited:
that's what i'm thinking as well....if wii is the next ps2 (as it seems to be) i don't know what microsoft's and sony's next step will be..... ;p

also, imagine that "Wii Fit" has not yet been released, of course, not many gamers will buy it.......but everyone knows that it will be a massive release!!!

:)

well seeing as each store only gets 3 each shipment that can be expected. Microsoft had the same problem its first year but unlike nintendo it fixed this problem and boosted production so its consumers can find its product unlike nintendo who uses this 3 per store tactic to garner hype. How long do you think its gonna be before people stop waiting for a system and go with another? If nintendo realy wants to be on top it would boost its production rate and then lets see how many wii's realy get sold. Most stores only get 3 with some of the big name stores may just may get 5, now think about how many gamers there are in the world do you think 3 per store is enough to satisfy a demand? People get off the numbers, and stop believing the hype. Its not a good thing that people can't find wii's thats realy a bad thing.

What else is so funny its that you nintendo fans are the only ones that talk about this stuff like it matters. While every one else just plays there great games and go about thier day. I like nintendo and i have fun with some of its products but it has a realy long way to go to Topple the compitition. Thats nice mario galaxy is a good game but just as wii has its select few good games microsoft has a whole boatload of great games, not including original independent titles. Playstation has yet to even releas there markee titles and it may be in last place but without these titles its still in the race, so imagine with the price drop and the release of these titles what it will do. Most gamers don't just own a wii, so just because they contributed to the sell doesn't mean the wii is the greatest thing to hit gaming its just an alternative, and a second console.

Last edited:
^nice assumption, but false.

the best buy near us receives 12-15 wii's per two weeks.

always run out after the end of the day..

and ur wrong.. the bad thing is when you see a gaming console collecting dust in store shelves.

and plus from what your trying to imply, you cant avoid the fact that nintendo wii has already beaten sony and microsoft.

the 360 and sony doesn't really need to restock when their system are still in shelves now do they? :p

Last edited:
Wrong

yungblood6 said:
well seeing as each store only gets 3 each shipment that can be expected. Microsoft had the same problem its first year but unlike nintendo it fixed this problem and boosted production so its consumers can find its product unlike nintendo who uses this 3 per store tactic to garner hype. How long do you think its gonna be before people stop waiting for a system and go with another? If nintendo realy wants to be on top it would boost its production rate and then lets see how many wii's realy get sold. Most stores only get 3 with some of the big name stores may just may get 5, now think about how many gamers there are in the world do you think 3 per store is enough to satisfy a demand? People get off the numbers, and stop believing the hype. Its not a good thing that people can't find wii's thats realy a bad thing.

Dude you are way off, two weeks ago my local game store got a single shipment of 24 Wii systems and they were sold out in 2 hours.
So there goes your theory, which actually is pretty old, because Nintendo cranked up production a long time ago and now stores get a minimum of 10 Wii's in each shipment, so trust me it's more than just the lower price and the idea of a hyped scarce quantities marketing scheme from Nintendo.
Fact is the demand is still higher than production can keep up with so they with hold shipments until they can ship at least 10 to 20 units per store.

well, either way, the wii is still hitting hard. SSBB is gonna be huge, just like Zelda : TP was. We've got MoHH2, BWII, Fire Emblem:RD, Galaxy, and all those other random games. The intersting and unique playing style draws thousands of people to it, and that's not going to change. As long as Nintendo keeps bringing on those good Wii releases it's not going to calm down.

yungblood6 said:
If nintendo realy wants to be on top it would boost its production rate and then lets see how many wii's realy get sold.

Around 12 million Wii's sold worldwide in a year isn't enough for you?

The Wii is going from strength to strength and its not just the console that is selling well but the software is now too. Nintendo has recently sold more software than Sony for the first time since the PS1 was released.

With SSBB, Mario Kart and Wii-Fit on the horizon things look extremely good for the Wii next year too.

the wii has totaled sony and microsoft.so people tell me that their wii is collecting dust WHO CARES! srsly

i used to hate mario i played mario galaxy and now he is the greatest thing since sliced bread the wii has changed gaming forever

Last edited:
Wii is an excellent gaming device. I wonder how much consoles they would sell by the end of 08. I exept about 25+ million consoles.

yungblood6 said:

What else is so funny its that you nintendo fans are the only ones that talk about this stuff like it matters. While every one else just plays there great games and go about thier day. I like nintendo and i have fun with some of its products but it has a realy long way to go to Topple the compitition. Thats nice mario galaxy is a good game but just as wii has its select few good games microsoft has a whole boatload of great games, not including original independent titles. Playstation has yet to even releas there markee titles and it may be in last place but without these titles its still in the race, so imagine with the price drop and the release of these titles what it will do. Most gamers don't just own a wii, so just because they contributed to the sell doesn't mean the wii is the greatest thing to hit gaming its just an alternative, and a second console.

Wii still has great games coming as well.
You don't seem to realize that.
And wow Microsoft has good games?..really.
Thats good considering its been out a year longer than the Wii, so it should have good games by now.

Plus people won't not want Wii's all of a sudden, not being able to get one will not drive them away, rather make them want it more.
Especially after Galaxy just dropped, its a sought after Christmas present for those who are Wiiless/Galaxyless.

Macmutt said:
Dude you are way off, two weeks ago my local game store got a single shipment of 24 Wii systems and they were sold out in 2 hours.
So there goes your theory, which actually is pretty old, because Nintendo cranked up production a long time ago and now stores get a minimum of 10 Wii's in each shipment, so trust me it's more than just the lower price and the idea of a hyped scarce quantities marketing scheme from Nintendo.
Fact is the demand is still higher than production can keep up with so they with hold shipments until they can ship at least 10 to 20 units per store.
did you just contradict your self here?

raisinghelen said:
Around 12 million Wii's sold worldwide in a year isn't enough for you?

The Wii is going from strength to strength and its not just the console that is selling well but the software is now too. Nintendo has recently sold more software than Sony for the first time since the PS1 was released.

With SSBB, Mario Kart and Wii-Fit on the horizon things look extremely good for the Wii next year too.
ok lets compare markee titles nintendo has released almost all of its big hit titles except mario kart and smashbros, sony has just now released two hit titles hsword, and jack and dextar, so yea i hope nintendo would be above sony in software sales. You people that say microsoft has no good games obviously have been hiding in a closet for the last two years. Almost every other month if not every they release a blockbuster hit, not including the hit arcade titles and independent titles that they have out that are all in hd, and provide innovative gameplay. So yea nintendo is doing good but lets just get it straight they only brought a controller and after the casual hype dies down this holiday we will see what nintendo can dish out.

yungblood6 said:

Nintendo has increased its production of wiis to 1.8 million a month and it is reflected in stores. The TRU here got 81 this past Sunday but they still sold out in 15 minutes! I have noticed this increase over the summer, they are trying to meet demand. I really don't think this is happening on porpose.

Last edited:
romj said:
Nintendo has increased its production of wiis to 1.8 milion a month and it is reflected in stores. The TRU here got 81 this past Sunday but they still sold out in 15 minutes! I have noticed this increase over the summer, they are trying to meet demand. I really don't think this is happening on porpose.
81 Wiis in one store come on dude be realistic, it wasn't even like that at launch other than the nintendo store in New york

Back