D2CKey Modchip..unsure problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragongirl

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2008
Wii Online Code
0820-0731-5020-1365
I just bought a US wii with a d2c modchip installed.
I tested it using wii sports and it updated. I asked the saleslady if I could update my wii via internet and she said you shouldn't update it a second time because my wii would "blackout" or something.(probably she means it'll get bricked)

So I was wondering if it was true cuz that would totally suck and limit me from playing all kinds of games out there. Whether original or backup ones.

So pls answer my question if you own a wii like mine or you have much knowledge about it because I am really paranoid about getting my wii bricked.

Thanks so much for your help and time!! :wink:

Such is the risk you take with hacked Wiis. If you have to ask questions like that, you shouldn't be using a modchip.

i think u update by dl to a dvd and through the wii.

and only to get ur wii "bricked" is by playing a bootleg game from another region (there is a patch though)

dragongirl said:
...saleslady...
That's the problem.

As long as you update the Wii using the game same as your own region first then it'll be okay. If the JPN version is newer then wait until the newer US update come out before playing that game.

I updated my US Wii with the JPN Brawl update and it only gave me two Japanese channels and everything else works ok. You'll just have to wait for other people to test the water before you do it.

Last edited:
well ya, you should have updated the wii firmware first.....you still can, just dont update it with games not in your region....or you can update with a new game

Thanks everyone for your replies. You really helped me out. :smilewinkgrin:

My wii is actually 3.1U now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back