360 Modchip, I need answers

joe_duffy

Wii gamer, 360 gamer
Jan 8, 2007
United Kingdom
Wii Online Code
2755-2722-6827-0320
I am thinking about modding my 360 using a modchip disk so it can play copied games, if I modchip it will I still be able to go onto xbox live and is there anyway Microsoft could brick my console? or would they just boot u from xbox live?

i dont think you need to mod your 360 in order to play copied games if theyre copied right..im not sure.. but just recently microsoft released an update that banned every modded console for life from xbox live.

Ah so thats what that upgrade was for, I was wondering what that upgrade was cause nothing seemed to change or appear after it

joe_duffy said:
Ah so thats what that upgrade was for, I was wondering what that upgrade was cause nothing seemed to change or appear after it
no, the last update was for wireless support for the guitar hero wireless guitar.
the spring update is the one that contained this i believe (a few months ago..guess it wasnt so "recent")

Sovieto said:
i dont think you need to mod your 360 in order to play copied games if theyre copied right..im not sure.. but just recently microsoft released an update that banned every modded console for life from xbox live.
the dvd drive has to be flashed iirc, which in itself can be quite daunting.
it is quite easy to brick the console yourself, even without connecting
to LIVE.

if you do "flash" the drive, i'm pretty sure you will banned immediately
as per sovieto's comments, and i'm sure it affects both console and
your LIVE account.

there are "alternative" online services for xbox which allow you to use
modded consoles against each other, although they're vastly inferior to
the official M$ service.

the 360s dvd drive can be flashed with a hacker firmware but the newer DVD drives are un hackable at this time. it is actually quite simple to flash it (just plug it into your PC (sata required) and reboot your PC with the correct boot floopy). a hacked DVD firmware WILL get you banned from xbox live. the alternate online systems FR3344LL is talking about are Xbox Connect and XLink KAI. they were good back in the day when halo1 was the main game and you could use them to play it online but now they arnt really all that great and really only used for Halo2

yo'll need to get your xbox disc drive flashed which is basically taking you xbox apart and connecting it to your computer. there are lots of guides if you know where to look.

there is a new firmware out that stops you from getting banned (i xtreme) but that will probably only last for about a year.

Back