Dag Blast It! RE: umbrella

That they do but they do have to admit that RE4 was a lot better in the wii than in the other systems I mean what's easier than point and shoot?

well, for those of us with a 360, it WILL be getting us ready for five lol. but seriously, they only meant its a recap of 0-3, with some additional story, so its a refresher if you plan on playing 5.

Sure I could go out and get another console but honestly I do not want to play a first or third person shooter if I have to aim with a joystick. It's either Wii or PC for me.

Dare I say it, if Umbrella Chronicles sells like RE4: Wii did, we may just see RE5 on the Wii afterall.

Your mission if you choose to accept it, is to convince as many people as possible to buy Umbrella Chronicles as possible.

Squall7 said:
Dare I say it, if Umbrella Chronicles sells like RE4: Wii did, we may just see RE5 on the Wii afterall.

Your mission if you choose to accept it, is to convince as many people as possible to buy Umbrella Chronicles as possible.

Ironically I think Capcom is dedicating its development brain power on optimizing the engine and graphics for the two systems that take much longer to optimize. In other words they must feel that a Wii game would add way too much complexity to the process since they would have to constantly "restrain" the programming. I say ironically because obviously they could release a great re5 game much more quickly to the Wii.

The Wii hurts me when developers think their games progress is better served on the other consoles.

I agree with austinAlan. IMO there's no better way to play a FPS than with a mouse and Keyboard. Using the Wiimote is a close second. i wonder why they never tried something different on the consoles than just a joystick.

austinAlan said:
Ironically I think Capcom is dedicating its development brain power on optimizing the engine and graphics for the two systems that take much longer to optimize. In other words they must feel that a Wii game would add way too much complexity to the process since they would have to constantly "restrain" the programming. I say ironically because obviously they could release a great re5 game much more quickly to the Wii.

The Wii hurts me when developers think their games progress is better served on the other consoles.
Possibly, but reportedly, Capcom has already said that it might do a Wii version of Resident Evil 5 if the sales of 4 and UC are good enough (or something to that effect).

Personally, I think it could be done. Sure, reduce the graphics slightly (bearing in mind, that because it'll be a downgrade, Capcom may be able to push the Wii to greater limits than those games that are "made for it".), but I don't think they would have to dabble to much with the engine itself - it looked pretty much like RE4, with more detailed graphics.

Squall7 said:
Possibly, but reportedly, Capcom has already said that it might do a Wii version of Resident Evil 5 if the sales of 4 and UC are good enough (or something to that effect).

Personally, I think it could be done. Sure, reduce the graphics slightly (bearing in mind, that because it'll be a downgrade, Capcom may be able to push the Wii to greater limits than those games that are "made for it".), but I don't think they would have to dabble to much with the engine itself - it looked pretty much like RE4, with more detailed graphics.

I'm not a developer but I don't think it's a good idea to develop for one system and then retrofit it for another one. Yes you can take parts of it but I think what we've seen in too many of these games is a blunt force approach to getting a Wii version. So far not many games have been Wii showcases including RE4.

Well I've done my part and bought RE:UC, only got to play about 30 min of it, but so far it's pretty fun. Left me wishing for the damn zapper though that's for sure.

iamone8 said:
I agree with austinAlan. IMO there's no better way to play a FPS than with a mouse and Keyboard. Using the Wiimote is a close second. i wonder why they never tried something different on the consoles than just a joystick.

I beg to differ. I'm sure you prefer mouse & keyboard because you're used to it. But no control mode can be better for a FPS than actual pointing and shooting (wiimote, light gun, etc.). Unless the control accuracy is poor, of course. It gets you to actually aim and shoot at things.

Back