Dang Dongle

csiguy4u said:
Did you try buying a new ADSL Wireless router? That should solve your problems.

You know, I didn't/don't want to have to do that. Friggin' Nintendo and their dodgy products. Ninty never used to be like this.

I've just been trying to connect again and another different error code has come up. I don't know what it was because I couldn't be bothered to store it in my memory or write it down anymore.

Today I got into my routers settings and disabled the routers built in firewall. As well as that I have Norton Internet Security disabled and Windows Firewall disabled. And still I continue to get error code 51340. :mad2:

AW4L said:
damn it. just buy a router.

You know what, I've already got a router (albeit a wired one) that provides me with up to 8 MB broadband and hassle free Xbox LIVE. Is Wii online really that special to make me go out and buy a different router when I've already got one that's doing a damn good job. I'm beginning to think not. So what can you do with Wii online - you can surf the net ( I can do that on my computer), you can exchange friends codes ( I can add a friend on Xbox LIVE), you can access the news and weather channel ( I can access the latest news and weather straight from my PC), you can access the Wii shop channel and download games ( I can go up into the attic and unpack my old nintendo systems and play most of those games any time I like). So where is the benefit of accessing Wii online? Hell, you can't even play online games yet! The more I think about it the more the word gimmick comes to the forefront of my mind. If I don't get this dongle to work then I think I may forget about getting my Wii online...for the time being anyway.

Yet another update - I've finally managed to resolve error code 51340. Then it threw me up another error code 52140 which I also overcome. But now I'm stuck on error code 51030. My Wii keeps asking me for my routers SSID. I'm using a wired BT Voyager 205 ADSL router and I can't locate the SSID. Does a wired router even have a SSID??
Could someone in the know please tell me what I need to know. Thanks.

Aren't bt voyager routers wireless anyway? If yours is... scan for the network on your Wii, then put in the Wep code when it asks for a password, you don't need to use the nintendo dongle to get your Wii online, any wireless router will do.

Themadnun said:
Aren't bt voyager routers wireless anyway? If yours is... scan for the network on your Wii, then put in the Wep code when it asks for a password, you don't need to use the nintendo dongle to get your Wii online, any wireless router will do.

The Voyager 205 isn't wireless, man. Thats why I went and bought the dongle. Maybe I should have upgraded to the BT Wireless Home Hub already.

You probably should, although a note on the homehub... its pretty dodgy when installing on a PC, like, if the connection gets dropped, you have to reinstall the network using the install disk, gets slightly annoying but its not too bad once you get used to it :tard:

Themadnun said:
You probably should, although a note on the homehub... its pretty dodgy when installing on a PC, like, if the connection gets dropped, you have to reinstall the network using the install disk, gets slightly annoying but its not too bad once you get used to it :tard:

Gawd, don't you just love the wonders of modern technology! :rolleyes:

Back