Dead Pixel

Zarogan

Official Metroid Breeder
Jan 26, 2007
Chile
Wii Online Code
5460-1571-7458-7185
Hi, I just bought a DS Lite Onyx Black. I ordered like a week ago and today it finally arrived, I was so happy. But when I open it and start playing, I find out there's a dead pixel on the top screen, really annoying, and when I e-mail the ones who sold it to me, they tell me the warranty only applies from 3 dead pixels and above. Is it so common that it only applies for 3 and above?? I'm really pissed off :mad:

So, anyone has the same problem?

EDIT: I just found out that the Nintendo Warranty only applies to the USA and Canada, so I'm screwed, I'll just have to learn to live with it :(

Last edited:
that exact same thing happened to my friend when he got his ds lite.:yesnod: he was really annoyed and thought about bringing it back but decided against it for some reason...

I see... Anyway, the ppl from the store where I bought my DS said they were mistaken, the 3 or more dead pixels thing was for PSPs, not for DS's, so if I send them mine they are going to repair/replace it ^^

yeahh mine has one dead pixel and i dont know why it just bothers me lol but i dont have any clue if u can return it just because of that.. i got mine on launch soo its OLDD

yer my lite had a dead pixel went and took it back to gamestation and my mate who works there swapped it for me

Same here - 2 dead ones top right top screen.

Doesn't really bother me but from what I've read elsewhere, it's a very common ds issue. So regardless, if it annoys you send it back as it's not up to standard as Nintendo advertise. All this 3 min is crap...

Yeah, plus my L button is kinda weird and makes a strange noise sometimes when I press it and other times it gets stuck. I guess that and a dead pixel are enough reasons for them to accept it back.

Last edited:
What's a dead pixel, and how does it affect the screen?

My DS is more then stellar in performance im amazed by it seriously, I barely charge it and i dont think it has ever died once... Maybe i got a super DS

:p

Dead Pixels are where individual pixels on the screen burn out - so to speak and on mine they turn blue - if you get them at a critical position on the screen - i.e. center of the screen, it can be quite distracting.

I just arrived from sending my DS to the store where I bought it from. They will take it to Nintendo and see what they can do. Hopefully, I'll get my screen replaced and the button fixed, or even better, a new console :)

Back