Wii Dead Pixel Problem

lol i kno lol but i just wanted to kno what caused it lol

rwhit_2007 said:
good find, but from his description, he does not have a dead pixel (which is a pixel that will not turn on - ever) - he mentioned flickering, and going in and out, and that's just not a dead pixel.

well it says this

f your LCD screen has a stuck or dead pixel (a point on the screen that is always lit or always dark) it is usually due to a transistor malfunction or uneven distribution of liquid in the liquid crystal display (TFT LCD). This can often be fixed.

aka69er said:
ive tried it on my big screen and 2 of my small screens...i doubt it my tv lol and i tried both cables lol the hd ones and the stock ones lol so i really have a big feeling its the wii...if it wasnt my wii why would they send me a new one...i even told him about the problem lol and hes like ok well send u a new one

Might be the scart cable

it's probably a defective GPU in the wii, possibly a heat issue or just a bad chip. If it was a dead pixel on the tv it would be continuous, and visible when doing other things ok tV besides Wii.

Mine seems to have the same issue. Gets much worse with component vs. the std. composite. Please post with the results of the new unit. How fast did they ship you a new one?

ya sounds like a badly placed video card.. could even be just a hair too much solder on a chip that effects video output... "metal expands as it gets hot" so if you have a tad to much solder on a chip that controlls video and it heats up touches the next closes pin they can short eachother out or give you the flicker effect of video feed because of the short... Or the solder could be right on both pins completely and when the power surge gets too high it spilts the connection for a split second then "cleans up the picture" and goes back to dead again
it would depend if it happens right when you turn it on, or if it happens after a while of gameplay...
ive had plenty of different products that have doen this and i fixed, VCR,DVD players, video cameras... you gotta figure they were pushing these out as fast as they can... and the chips 99% of the time now are placed and soldered by robots making say 10 a minute or more its not hard to see how too much solder could get on a chip and short it out specially at launch of a new prodict when they havent worked out the bugs...

aka69er said:
ive tried it on my big screen and 2 of my small screens...i doubt it my tv lol and i tried both cables lol the hd ones and the stock ones lol so i really have a big feeling its the wii...if it wasnt my wii why would they send me a new one...i even told him about the problem lol and hes like ok well send u a new one

Your constant use of "lol" is very odd, try using a "," or "." once in a while instead:p its hard to read your posts without thinking your stoned or something.

Nintendo's service rocks! They were able to repair the unit. Now the question is do I leave the WII connect on or off? Its going to remain off for now....

The problem isn't dead pixels if the problem is with your Wii or cable, the problem could be corruption of data from the Wii to the TV, dead pixels have to do with each pixel itself, usually happens when you have fast video or something like that, I have a red dead pixel on my iBook

Back