dead Wiimote

banjoman

WiiChat Member
Jul 6, 2007
I got a new Wiimote and put new batteries in and YES they are in the right direction as I checked more than once. It appears to be dead in the water, does nothing at all, no lights, nothing. Any suggestions other than send it back.

banjoman

Try re-sycing. Press the right arrow button(helped me, but I dunno if your situations the same yea try re-syncing)

Otherwise I have no idea.

Try new batteries. If that doesn't work, return it to where ever you bought it, tell them it doesn't work and get a new one.

FR. said:
Try new batteries. If that doesn't work, return it to where ever you bought it, tell them it doesn't work and get a new one.

Yea what he said. Man I never have good advice now -.-'

did you try kicking it? that always makes **** work.

I just got a new Wiimote today.

I too thought my Wiimote didnt work.

I pressed the "A" button and the lights didnt flash.

But then I learned that pressing the "A" Button on a non-synced Wiimote will not cause the lights to flash.

You have to press both the 1 & 2 Buttons for the wiimote to become active.

So basically, you need to sync it.

hey banjo I had the same problem as you.
My wii-mote was playing up too. No lights, new batteries, NO POWER. I couldn't sync my wii-mote cause there was no power. NOTHING. I went on others forums but nothing with the same problem I had. I also noticed my wii-mote, where the speaker is got very, very hot. With nothing else I could do I sent it to nintendo. Within a few day I got a package with a NEW WIIMOTE!!!!! I read the report and it said no power. so I had a dead wii mote. Luckily for me they replaced it with a new wiimote that has POWER!
Also at the time my wiimote was playing up I purchased one of those usb wiimote chargers. A power wave one. by any chance banjo did you purchase one of these at the time your wiimote's been dead? cause i think those are the problem.

Link125

wiimote

Thanks for all the help. I did not purchase a charger. This was a wiimote I got a deal on Ebay, yeh, I know, spend the extra 15 bucks and get a new one but the guy sent me a replacement and I'm waiting for it. The thing works fine now exept it loses sync every time I turn the power off and then back on to play next time. I have reset the whole system a couple times and re synced all the wiimotes and still this is the only one that loses sync. My daughter bought this system about 3 weeks ago and I bought her the Wii play with the extra remote and an extra numchuck and saw this on ebay so I took a chance. Maybe the replacement will work better, I'll let you know. When I got this one it was dead in the water, I tried for an hour to get anything to work including pushing 1 and 2 together and when I had it apart it was completely dead, I put new batteries in when I had it apart and pushed all the buttons and nothing, no lights. I looked closely at it with a magnifying glass and everything appeared OK as far as nothing burned up and no cracks or anything but when I put it back together it worked first try. I had some electronics education after high school and I have gotten my money's worth just taking it apart and reading all about the system, man it is so cool. I saw a link for the wiimote all taken apart and these guys tested it and checked code on it and know all about this and here is the link, hope I don't get in trouble for posting it... http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/present.php?p=Wii-Internals

banjoman

Back