Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dead Wiimote

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by banjoman, Jul 6, 2007.

1. banjoman

banjoman WiiChat Member

I got a new Wiimote and put new batteries in and YES they are in the right direction as I checked more than once. It appears to be dead in the water, does nothing at all, no lights, nothing. Any suggestions other than send it back.

banjoman

2. Monsteroids

Monsteroids Psychedelic Snail

Wii Friend Code: 6069-9016-3559-6279
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Try re-sycing. Press the right arrow button(helped me, but I dunno if your situations the same yea try re-syncing)

Otherwise I have no idea.

3. FR.

FR. Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 4253-4708-4555-0363
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Try new batteries. If that doesn't work, return it to where ever you bought it, tell them it doesn't work and get a new one.

4. Monsteroids

Monsteroids Psychedelic Snail

Wii Friend Code: 6069-9016-3559-6279
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Yea what he said. Man I never have good advice now -.-'

5. Brawny

Brawny Anglophobiphile

Wii Friend Code: 5385-4035-7079-0395
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    make sure you put the batteries in the right way.....:lol:

what FR. said....

6. Almo

Almo WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8407-4245-3370-0256
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    did you try kicking it? that always makes **** work.

7. Tichinde92

Tichinde92 Ken Combos!!11!!

I just got a new Wiimote today.

I too thought my Wiimote didnt work.

I pressed the "A" button and the lights didnt flash.

But then I learned that pressing the "A" Button on a non-synced Wiimote will not cause the lights to flash.

You have to press both the 1 & 2 Buttons for the wiimote to become active.

So basically, you need to sync it.

8. link125

link125 WiiChat Member

hey banjo I had the same problem as you.
    My wii-mote was playing up too. No lights, new batteries, NO POWER. I couldn't sync my wii-mote cause there was no power. NOTHING. I went on others forums but nothing with the same problem I had. I also noticed my wii-mote, where the speaker is got very, very hot. With nothing else I could do I sent it to nintendo. Within a few day I got a package with a NEW WIIMOTE!!!!! I read the report and it said no power. so I had a dead wii mote. Luckily for me they replaced it with a new wiimote that has POWER!
    Also at the time my wiimote was playing up I purchased one of those usb wiimote chargers. A power wave one. by any chance banjo did you purchase one of these at the time your wiimote's been dead? cause i think those are the problem.

Link125

9. banjoman

banjoman WiiChat Member

wiimote

Thanks for all the help. I did not purchase a charger. This was a wiimote I got a deal on Ebay, yeh, I know, spend the extra 15 bucks and get a new one but the guy sent me a replacement and I'm waiting for it. The thing works fine now exept it loses sync every time I turn the power off and then back on to play next time. I have reset the whole system a couple times and re synced all the wiimotes and still this is the only one that loses sync. My daughter bought this system about 3 weeks ago and I bought her the Wii play with the extra remote and an extra numchuck and saw this on ebay so I took a chance. Maybe the replacement will work better, I'll let you know. When I got this one it was dead in the water, I tried for an hour to get anything to work including pushing 1 and 2 together and when I had it apart it was completely dead, I put new batteries in when I had it apart and pushed all the buttons and nothing, no lights. I looked closely at it with a magnifying glass and everything appeared OK as far as nothing burned up and no cracks or anything but when I put it back together it worked first try. I had some electronics education after high school and I have gotten my money's worth just taking it apart and reading all about the system, man it is so cool. I saw a link for the wiimote all taken apart and these guys tested it and checked code on it and know all about this and here is the link, hope I don't get in trouble for posting it... http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/present.php?p=Wii-Internals

banjoman

10. link125

link125 WiiChat Member

k good luck