dealing with PS3 hatrid, and Wii fanboyism.

WiitnessID said:
RandomZero & romj Yeah the Wii hate is mostly from the online gamers. These are the same guys that use to play PC games. They just took that upgrade money and bought an xbox or PS3. If thats not the case then it's new comers who have been verbally assaulted by these guys. The way of thinking is infectious like most abusive situations. The voice chat them only enables it more. They like to pick fights a lot and talk junk. To tell you the truth I would rather them not be on the Wii playing. Every one has their console for a reason but I think the shall we say dirtymouth core just needs online so they can talk to friends and chases Noobs. This is what they see as fun. They have a bully complex yet that is not true in real life. They see some one having fun and think yeah I would OWN them online. LOL Which isn't the case Wii online players are no joke at all! Thats just my opinion about it. I mean when live went down we got a lot of Live players in quake and they all complained about regulars having bots...LOL Quake and UT are way faster than halo and you will die a lot!

To those dirthmouth core type a console is there for bragging rights, It's more for people to evny you or some thing. When no one cares about that it hurts.

Seriously the Wii so far is a complete system. I'm fine with it because I've been playing games with higher spec graphics for years while the PS2 was out. I mean really nothing is touching crysis on the PC and HD graphics on the console just fall a little short, yet if all you've had was a PS2 then the HD systems are like magic to you!

As soon as I saw z brush and the doom 3's first try at normal mapping I knew it was going to be big in gaming. Had nintendo knew this they would have the tools to really crush the competition even with out HD resolution.

As a next gen system that is about all it lacks to me to be truly a winner hands down. Yes thats about it normal maps and better texture compression. The VC rocks and EA's online stuff is the way every thing should be made...it's as close as we can get to live...LOL which is as close as I want to be. The game selection is very surprising for the first year also. It seems every one has about 7 or 8 games from this year depending on your tastes.

What is funny is nintendo would have to have the strictest online system of them all because of so much hate towards it. Yet if all your games start coming out on this system people will actually start praising the system. I've been gaming for too long not to see this. Gamers are fickle and they turn their back on console quick. Hey but if you are not having fun then thats what they should expect right?

It's almost like the HD gamers are yelling at people for being poor..LOL Which is not the case. Then they are mad at nintendo for giving gamers an option to not over spend on a console...LOL and the early punters are mad at it. I would think that if you have one of those systems then you should be happy right? I mean I've had a high end PC since college and I still loved lower spec systems and consoles. Lots of gamers will grow up in the coming years it seems and it looks like gaming may grow up also.

All I wanna say to you right now is, Thank You! Everything you just said is right on the Dot!

I'll comment more when I heal up more.

romj said:
All I wanna say to you right now is, Thank You! Everything you just said is right on the Dot!

I'll comment more when I heal up more.

Heal up man take it easy! Good nes!

Japanese hardware sales - Jan 14th to 20th
January 24th, 2008

DS Lite 88,575
Wii 81,638
PSP 79,923
PS3 38,117
PS2 13,539
Xbox 360 4,552

WOW right!

The haters will move on like they always do and the hardcore will still be playing. It happens all the time. Sensesfail has like 3 years left to enjoy gaming it seems until the bills hit! You might as well be happy! It's just going to get better!

WiitnessID said:
RandomZero & romj Yeah the Wii hate is mostly from the online gamers.

I noticed this. it like the wii exists in two different realites, thie online world where is it slagged off at every oppertunity and the real world, where it is selling like candy, and there hasn't been enough "candy' to go around for over a year. Oh I know these self same people will only say that, "It's the "casuals" that buy the wii, they just don't know any better." Or "Those people are just tech stupid so they buy an inferior product." Or, "Only poor people buy they wii." I've seen this kinda talk in many a forum.

Before the internet, there was the gaming mags. I used to read a few of them. Did you know most of them hated on Nintendo because they didn't use cds like the psone did? Nintendo was chewed up for how is treated third parties, controlling them too tightly, This being blames on why they lost their support, that and them using the more expensive cart forrmat. There has allway been a reason to slag Nintendo. It has allways been a main target of the Gaming press. It being sued for one reason or another and people wonder why the company is to protective of itself and paranoid. It is no different now, if anything, it is a lot worse because of the nature of the internet itself.

Go look yp the many lawsuits and negative press surounding the wiimote and zapper. Go look up the article about a child being contacted by a predater though pictochat on the DS. yeah, I think Nintendo has a REASON to be so paranoid and secretive...

WiitnessID said:
These are the same guys that use to play PC games. They just took that upgrade money and bought an xbox or PS3..

That is very possible and may explain a lot of the hatred. But I still believe its from the players of the last generation who grew up with the PS 1 and 2 and the cool factor of both, these gamers not realizing that their system of choice also "expanded" the market to so called "casual" players as well as drew away players who now say Nintendo as 'Kiddy" and rejected it
as such.

WiitnessID said:
If thats not the case then it's new comers who have been verbally assaulted by these guys. The way of thinking is infectious like most abusive situations. The voice chat them only enables it more. They like to pick fights a lot and talk junk. To tell you the truth I would rather them not be on the Wii playing. Every one has their console for a reason but I think the shall we say dirtymouth core just needs online so they can talk to friends and chases Noobs. This is what they see as fun. They have a bully complex yet that is not true in real life. They see some one having fun and think yeah I would OWN them online. LOL Which isn't the case Wii online players are no joke at all! Thats just my opinion about it. I mean when live went down we got a lot of Live players in quake and they all complained about regulars having bots...LOL Quake and UT are way faster than halo and you will die a lot! .

Yes, the bullying has gotton outragious. Again I cite Nsider as the best example. Self proclaimed tech experts talking down to others as if the other person was unworthy of such greatness. They argued about hardware specs as if to prove how inferior and worthless the wii is compared to the other two systems. I even saw a thread once where someone praised Galaxies, only for that person to be met by a huge full rez image of a top notch PS3 game, the image being used to show just how inferior the wii's graphic are by comparison. I thought that was cruel, as the Op never made a comparison to anything esle. He was just excited for the game. I could tell he was crushed, A lot of people were. I noticed that, In this way, the wii can never stand on it's own as a console. It being constantly compared to the other two and found lacking, thus religated to "toy" status, not as a true gaming console.

And then you have the elete hard core players slagging off new and inexperienced players as "casuals," the word dripping with the utmost contempt, and as a consequence, the wii. Cuz the wii is for "little kids and old people." Oh, It can't stand up to the godlike might of the 360 or the Ps3, now those are REAL gaming machines! Anyone who plays the wii is not a TRUE gamer, and thus aren't smart enough to appreciate quality or play "harder" and "better" games. It is as if these "eletes" don't want new comers into the market, as if offering games to new ones will somehow damage thie market for them, cuz games companies will now have to make games for these ones, and thus there will be less "hardcore" games made for them. (I wonder why people didn't have this kinda fit, during the Ps1 eara, when Sony did the same thing?)

WiitnessID said:
To those dirthmouth core type a console is there for bragging rights, It's more for people to evny you or some thing. When no one cares about that it hurts. .

Agreed. I posted something to this effect on another thread here. The machines are an extension of their ego, and the wii and its owners are like the smaller weaker kids on the "playground" who gets picked on by the bigger badder kids.

WiitnessID said:
Seriously the Wii so far is a complete system. I'm fine with it because I've been playing games with higher spec graphics for years while the PS2 was out. I mean really nothing is touching crysis on the PC and HD graphics on the console just fall a little short, yet if all you've had was a PS2 then the HD systems are like magic to you!
As soon as I saw z brush and the doom 3's first try at normal mapping I knew it was going to be big in gaming. Had nintendo knew this they would have the tools to really crush the competition even with out HD resolution.

As a next gen system that is about all it lacks to me to be truly a winner hands down. Yes thats about it normal maps and better texture compression. The VC rocks and EA's online stuff is the way every thing should be made...it's as close as we can get to live...LOL which is as close as I want to be. The game selection is very surprising for the first year also. It seems every one has about 7 or 8 games from this year depending on your tastes..

Yes, everything is relative. The wii sucks to many cuz it didn't take such a HUGE power leap as the others. Never has this happened before. The Ps3 and 360 are many many times as powerfull as their predessers> never has a games machine maker made their machines with that big a power gap tween their next consoles. if they haddn't, the wii woulda been able to stand on its own, and developers would have saw it as a valid platform and we would have seen better quality games made for it from the beginning. The the slapped together crap we see now.

Now it is believed that the wii's graphical capabilites are already tapped out, that it wont get any better. I had someone tell me this. I even read it on a few forums. I also noticed the belife that the wii will NEVER get good quality games like the other two because of the differences in power; as if POWER alone is the determing factor in making a top quality game for any machine.

WiitnessID said:
What is funny is nintendo would have to have the strictest online system of them all because of so much hate towards it. Yet if all your games start coming out on this system people will actually start praising the system. I've been gaming for too long not to see this. Gamers are fickle and they turn their back on console quick. Hey but if you are not having fun then thats what they should expect right?.

Ohh the irony of that statement! Yet is is so true! People complain about freinds codes and why Nintendo hasn't implemented online like Live. Yeah, I can see it now....

WiitnessID said:
It's almost like the HD gamers are yelling at people for being poor..LOL Which is not the case. Then they are mad at nintendo for giving gamers an option to not over spend on a console...LOL and the early punters are mad at it. I would think that if you have one of those systems then you should be happy right? I mean I've had a high end PC since college and I still loved lower spec systems and consoles. Lots of gamers will grow up in the coming years it seems and it looks like gaming may grow up also.

I seen this too; people who choose the wii are poor, thus they couldn't get what they REALLY wanted coz they was unable to AFFORD it, but than the wii itself is slagged off as being a cheap toy. Nintendo being critisized for not making it more powerfull as the other two. Like you said, if these people already have the high end systems, why are they angry? It dosen't effect them, right? I don't get this, what do these people actually want, cuz they confuse the hell outta me sometimes!

I too, wish and hope that the gaming community as a whole grows up, cuz as it stands now, I'm getting rightly sick of all the arguing and fighting.

What is sad is it seems the type of games we use to like fantasy any thing are falling to hordes of artist who only do realism or either really bad sci-fi. I mean UT3 came out and no one cared...LOL

I just glad to have a system that I know I can share with other people. Like I said before I run crysis really well on my current box that I built. UT3 runs like I spent a million dollars on my current box also. Yet I look at the amount of people on the servers and say damn! LOL This is what makes me think the PC hardcore have went console. This may be the case for ATI video card fan boys also and actually correlates to the xbox 360 since it IS a ATI supported gpu. Yes PC fanboys are leagues beyond the console guys lots do know what they are talking about yet they also know when their flag ship is sunken...LOL

I've been playing online since doom1 and the "make some one your *****" was popular then, now ownage is...

You are right nintendo has always been the punching bag for the cool kids...LOL I'm sure there are lots of old sega fans that claim they liked nintendo back in the day...LOL Yet they only do so because they don't want to seem like a looser at all cost. The funny thing is I like the nintendo platform because it has always been about games and until this console they have always pushed for better every thing.

So when you think about this and how every thing went down you have to understand that nintendo was actually in the dark about shaders and the costs of it. Nvidia and ATI are not buddies with japan, epic maybe but not japan. These guys had no idea what was about to be unleashes! I mean every one though it was going to take another 5 years before we got graphics on this level at an affordable price. Really it only took 3 or less years because 8800 can be bought for around 250 now! But I digress!!!

Now when you look at things, the Power RV was the big force over in japan and that tech is almost in nothing now compared to the two power houses. Nintendo likes to know what they are buying and I don't think the tech guys where cool about ati and nvidias brute force approaches to solving those problems either. Yet the chips in the Wii are very impressive and actually use some of the fastest ram on board! It's very close to a GPUCPU design that PC are suppose to get in the coming years. Even SONY talking a lot of junk about not needed a GPU in the beginning and then having to jam a RSX in there to save face...LOL Yet what is fuuny is if SONY would have know that nintendo's next box would have been such an success with out super high end graphic then we would see a lower spec PS3 or maybe one thats more cost concious? Who knows...

It's going to be bad for sony if the PS3 does not get the number 1 spot to these guys and they will come with pitch forks, believe me. This is the reason why nintendo is trying to add more water to the polluted landscape we call the gaming industry. It's just going to get worst for these guys it seems. The whole HD thing is a reason to keep the price higher longer.

You are also right that a lot of gamers came in playing the PS brands and this is part of the problem also. I came into gaming playing atari etc... Some of those games are still fun. Yet current gamers are not explorers... They want a FPS of their addiction and any thing else better have better graphic than that game...LOL To cater to the hardcore or FPScore is a mistake and nintendo is illustrating this along with PC game sales... I just worried that if it does happen and developer do shift will SONY's first party be ready...

On the flip side I think this is how it will play out. Lots of developers leave the PS3 for s year or two and SONy actually makes a nintendo come back with first party games that I actually want! The PS3 is in danger of being the Okami system and is actually tracking close to old GC sales which is not good.

I'm not worried about SONY too much though they will be fine. The gaming community well people will always grow up and as the FPS market get thoroughly saturated in the next 2 years the online thing will start to loose it's focus unless you are MS since they actually make money off it. It use to be great to find some one playing games on loads of servers now it seems you there are so many games out that even those games are getting splintered.

Oyeah don't let them confuse you man they are playing a roll. Most of these guys only played FPS and won't touch any thing else. It like they are closest gamers are some thing. Then you have the guys acting like fans when they don't even own the system...LOL then you have people that own the system because every one else likes it... and now they are mad because it doesn't have better graphics or some thing else...LOL

It seemed cool to hate SONY in the beginning yet it will always be cool to hate nintendo because nintendo never really caved to them. They do their own thing. People will wise up... or either they will let go of their jaded-ness.
It's better to be happy than pissed you know thats why guys like girlfriends...LOL Yes they are suppose to put a smile on your face...LOL

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
imo it dosn't matter, am i really going to own 82 games? NO

however wii's highest rated game is better than any other console's highest rated game, since i'm only going to buy a couple of games that's all what really matters to me

Bingo.

I agree 100%.

And, IMO, PS3's exclusives are crap. So any PS3 fanboys out there, 360 and Wii are better than you. (IMO...)

Which game system is best depends on your preferences. For example, I would PREFER buy a 360 over a PS3. And a Wii over both. They are all fantastic game systems. Fights over which system is best are kind of pointless, as everyone has their own opinions. Though statistics CLEARLY show that the best systems are Wii for a casual gamer, and 360 for a hardcore gamer, arguements still arise. People are entitled to their own opinions.

So, going back to the first post, PS3 hatred doesnt need to be stopped, let people think what they want. :)

SensesFail said:
hey guys i googled list of wii games with scores or something and i found this site. so i found their list of reviews for the other 2 consoles as well. this is how it panned out.

lets take a count of how many games each console has with ratings of 80-100

Wii has a wopping 14
PS3 on the other hand has 41
360 dominated as you couldve guessed with 82

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

whats my point? clearly the wii is the one lacking in any good titles if your going to go by ratings. im not kocking the wii and i know most of you probably recognize me as a wii-hater but i am no such thing. as ive explained in a previous post (btw these stats are part of a post i mad ein the ps3 section, adn i though u should see them) i am a wii-software hater. but i wont get into that.

i just want the PS3 hatred to stop because there is NO reason to hate it now that it's affordable AND has good games. MANY MANY more good games to come.

offtopic!
pick up the latest issue of game informer and read their cover story on resistance 2.. has potential to blow call of duty 4 out of the water.. i didnt think any game could do that but they are approacing online games in a whole new way!

so any thoughts on the web pages ive found? i know thats not set in stone and some of those reviews may be slightly different on a different site but the general idea is present and obvious.

please lets keep it mature here and keep the flaming to yourself, the reason im making this thread is to open a few fanboy's eyes that are on this website, "ps3stinks" is one of the major ones here that pisses me off. lol
gratz man, i shall now revert to this thread when i need to make a point if someone says ps3/360 suck.

uloseiwin said:
Bingo.

I agree 100%.

And, IMO, PS3's exclusives are crap. So any PS3 fanboys out there, 360 and Wii are better than you. (IMO...)

Which game system is best depends on your preferences. For example, I would PREFER buy a 360 over a PS3. And a Wii over both. They are all fantastic game systems. Fights over which system is best are kind of pointless, as everyone has their own opinions. Though statistics CLEARLY show that the best systems are Wii for a casual gamer, and 360 for a hardcore gamer, arguements still arise. People are entitled to their own opinions.

So, going back to the first post, PS3 hatred doesnt need to be stopped, let people think what they want. :)
most of us are not casual gamers here, because, were on a wii FORUM. casual games should not even be a factor in debates unless its about audiences. imo, you all should hate casual games because theyre helping wii but not the games at all. (ever listen to casual gamers killing the video game industry debates?)

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
i'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but i would rather see the numbers from exclusives, as most of the wii's top rated games are exclusive to the wii
and are first party titles! what a shocker. but honestly, non-exclusives do count. sure they arent a reason to buy ps3 or 360 or each other, but they are add ons to the list of games and are games the wii doesnt have. so its all fair ground when deciding the best.

BTW
just to take up your challenge i did. i counted 7 for Wii, at least 8 for 360 (stopped once i hit 8) and at least 6 for ps3 (i honestly could not tell which were exclusive as easily, so if someone with a better ps3 knowing could try to find at least 8.)

Wiimoto said:
What the hell man? Your judging off metacritic?
which judges off of tons of other sites?? duh.

Last edited:
SensesFail said:
lets take a count of how many games each console has with ratings of 80-100

Wii has a wopping 14
PS3 on the other hand has 41
360 dominated as you couldve guessed with 82

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

whats my point? clearly the wii is the one lacking in any good titles if your going to go by ratings. im not kocking the wii and i know most of you probably recognize me as a wii-hater but i am no such thing. as ive explained in a previous post (btw these stats are part of a post i mad ein the ps3 section, adn i though u should see them) i am a wii-software hater. but i wont get into that.
Those ratings arn't quite acurate though, considering that the PS3's chart includes downloadable games and the Wii's does not. Of course the Wii doesn't have original downloadable games yet but its current equivalent is the VC. So if it included VC games then the Wii's would be about the same as the PS3's.

raisinghelen said:
Those ratings arn't quite acurate though, considering that the PS3's chart includes downloadable games and the Wii's does not. Of course the Wii doesn't have original downloadable games yet but its current equivalent is the VC. So if it included VC games then the Wii's would be about the same as the PS3's.
considering a lot of sites/magazines dont review VC games, no, they consider them old games put up for download, which they are. when wii gets some original games up on there then they will count. so your argument is invalid.

every fan-boy/girl is a stupid moron. Point blank. It's not their company, it's not their console, it's not their games. It's just consumer merchandise they personally preferred to buy over something else. And then they feel the need for whatever reason to validate their choices to themselves by ranting and raving about them. Unless you actually work for Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo, you have no real reason to try and profess the greatness of one over the other except personal taste and opinion, which aren't truly valid reasons.

Just like all the people that get excited over sports teams screaming "WE WON!" or "WE LOST!!!". No you didn't; the team did. You just watched them do it.

Sterculius said:
every fan-boy/girl is a stupid moron. Point blank. It's not their company, it's not their console, it's not their games. It's just consumer merchandise they personally preferred to buy over something else. And then they feel the need for whatever reason to validate their choices to themselves by ranting and raving about them. Unless you actually work for Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo, you have no real reason to try and profess the greatness of one over the other except personal taste and opinion, which aren't truly valid reasons.

Just like all the people that get excited over sports teams screaming "WE WON!" or "WE LOST!!!". No you didn't; the team did. You just watched them do it.
its the internetz.

so sorry, even though you make the perfect point, you fail while doing so. =/

Sovieto said:
considering a lot of sites/magazines dont review VC games, no, they consider them old games put up for download, which they are. when wii gets some original games up on there then they will count. so your argument is invalid.
So they would only count if they have had a bit of a graphical overhall or some kind of online content added eh?

Maybe you don't know that games such as Pac-man or Streetfighter 2 are actually not new original games but old games with polished up visuals or features for Live Arcade and while VC games are virtually unchanged from the originals they are slightly improved visually due to being displayed at 480p.

Back