Death Note anime

"The Death Note anime began airing in Japan on October 3, 2006,[2] and is currently scheduled to run for 37 episodes.[5] Contrary to the movies, the anime series follows the manga's original storyline with just a few alterations on the character designs and order of facts. The series currently airs on the Nippon Television network every Wednesday at 00:56."

37... We were both right. ;)

Any other good anime you can recommend? I like mostly action stuff. DBZ, Samurai Champloo, Trigun, etc.

You want some good non-mainstream anime's? Time to open my external hardrive.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan (Club-You-To-Death Angel) [very weird, an angel that kills the person she's trying to protect and brings him back to life repeatably, hard to explain but it's only 6 eps so worth the watch]

Elfen Lied (bit mainstream but totally awesome I mean people get ripped apart and all in all this just wins)

Gunbuster 1+2 [greatest series' ever made...perhaps so it started out as a satire on the huge mecha series and almost without trying became so amazingly brilliant with well developed characters and dealing logically with faster than light travel and time dilation...>>> you have to see this <<<]

Jungle wa Itsumo, Hale Nochi Guu [roughly = the weather was always calm then along came Guu, some kind of insider weather reporter joke I think but one of the main characters has a world inside her stomach where she sends things/people she eats]

Puni Puni Poemy [just totally weird, 2 ova 30 min episodes, breaks the fourth wall a lot, makes fun of stereotypes brilliantly]

Rozen Maiden [doll anime, no hear me out, I got it and thought "wtf...dolls?" but its got some beautiful animation and fight sequences and is looking like a winner though I'm only up to episode 4]

Speed Grapher [only watch if you have no real morals, a look at the dark corrupt side of the human psyche, apparantly awesome, only had time to watch 2 eps so far but it looks good.

Death Note [Utterly brilliant, great animation, great messages, great character development, twists turns, character corruption, not knowing who to cheer for]

Oh and Yakitate!! Japan! [An anime about making bread, this is easily one of the best animes I've ever seen and beats of most of the competition easily without breaking a sweat, everyone I've shown it to loves it but have all gone to me "an anime...about bread??" But when you're a world class clown... <--inside joke Everyone should see this anime, everyone.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [getting tired of summaries but everything I put down in my opinion is high class stuff]

Cluster Edge

Wings of Rean

Haha, thanks for the lists, guys. I'm KIND OF shooting for mainstream just because it's easier to download. I know, I know, I'm a bad person for not paying for my anime, but I'm kinda' broke... Plus, I'm saving my money for a Wii. :D

Meh
you should try living in the uk
£20 for 4 eps wha
and where behind (naruto started 3 mounths ago)

Anime-Source.Com

You have to scroll down to the bottom
are you familar with torrents

Lady Tima said:
They made this into an anime too?

I've read all 108 chapters of the manga, and I saw the live-action movie (Here's the IMDb). I have to say, my favorite manga by far. But they have an anime... I dunno, I have a feeling it'll ruin the feeling I get when I read it if I watch the anime... It'll leave a bad taste in my mouth.

But oh well. Where can I see it?

Don't worry one bit about the anime version, it is a complete classic, dark and tense with beautiful animation and great voice acting. You won't be dissapointed watching it and as a fan of the series you totally owe it to yourself.

I was gonna start a topic on this... I f**king love it.. even more than Bleach :O! I can't wait for the next episode (11) :(

Watch mutch Anime then
Bleach is rubbish comperd to most (no more bleach in this topic)

Darkprinny.

I also saw the same spoilers!

I hope they aren't true.

They better not be.

But if they are I am quite saddened :(. I still have the process of how it happens to see... but its still quite terrible to read. I found it on YOUTube. Those damn fags and their spoilers... ruined my fun :(.

And yes; it is truly an amazing animé series; good to see something new.

Watch mutch anime then
been seeing some gooduns recently
GIF time

i've seen the live action version of death note [i'm a huge live action fan]. i thought it was pretty good, i recommend watching it.

another point of interest when it comes to animes being made into live action movies was saishu heiki kanojo

Just managed to torrent the live action version (had to wait for subs limited understanding of Jap)

I wiki'ed Death Note the live action and they stated it actually topped out the divinci code when it launched to theatres in japan...

To add to my growing infant of a foreign film collection(so far its just The Eye and The Eye 2) I went onto ebay and found the movie on dvd.... Ive searched for a few hours now and unfortunatley, ebay is the only one with search results... and I would like to get the movie before I head back to the dorms

Last edited:
Back